1955 voltage regulator failing repeatedly

P
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
hi my name ia paul i own a 1955 t-bird , for some reason i keep on blowing the voltage regulator, i already change the generator and an new battery, but every time i put a new regulator in and use the car for one day, at the end of the day the regulator is not charging the system anymore, any idea anybody

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

More information is needed. Is this still a 6 volt, positive ground system? Does the system work when first installed then quit later? what is the voltage of the system with the engine running at about 1500 RPM? Did you polarize the generator?

hi my name ia paul i own a 1955 t-bird , for some reason i keep on blowing the voltage regulator, i already change the generator and an new battery, but every time i put a new regulator in and use the car for one day, at the end of the day the regulator is not charging the system anymore, any idea anybody
Please follow the posting directions & prompts moving forward. "55 t-bird" does not summarize your post. Also, we are an all Thunderbird site, so the model of your car isn't necessary. I will update your title to summarize your post with the four digit model year now.
model-year-TBF.jpg

I echo cokefirst's question; did you polarize the voltage regulator?

Back