1955 Thunderbird Clock Repair

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Gary,

If I decide to send the clock out for repairs, http://www.clockwks.com/Tbirdx.html offers a mechanical restoration for $79.95 and a 6 volt quartz conversion for $219.95.

Sometimes clock repair is simply a matter of opening, cleaning, and lubricating. That is not usually the case, but it does happen. Since I do not have a Motochron repair manual, it will take some investigation to gain the knowledge needed to perform the repair, that's why I'm asking questions before I attempt to repair the clock. I'm sure that the process is not very different from most other automobile electric repairs that I have done in the past. And when it is done, I can enjoy the satisfaction of having personally restored a system to function as originally designed.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue
Did you send it to clock works and if you did were you happy with the result? I think mine is beyond repair and am considering a quartz conversion.

sent mine to clockwo rks, did a great job. even had an original movement to repair one. is not cheap but does good work.

sent mine to clockwo rks, did a great job. even had an original movement to repair one. is not cheap but does good work.

Quality is king. It seems they know what they are doing. In contact with them.

I had two clocks (54 Ford & 56 Bird) converted to quartz by Williamson's in Arkansas. Great job - both clocks work perfectly, the first one was done 15 years ago. And they were less costly than others I checked with.

Back