1955 side window adjustments

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
sylvurhfox

sylvurhfox

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I am installing the side windows and adjusting. I adjusted the pillar post to line up with the windshield frame. I installed the side window on the drivers side. With the window all the way up, there is a slight gap between the glass and the pillar post at the top. It looks like the glass needs to be rotated forward slightly. Withe window all the way down the glass is against the pillar post. Is there any adjustment that would rotate the glass?
Thanks for any help.

The bolts that attach the winding crank have some adjustment. There is also adjustment for the window on the door near the top of the window channel as well as the bottom of the channel. The pillar moves in multiple planes. that is a source of many headaches. sometimes you get everything right quickly and sometimes alignment for the window takes all day. All the adjustments take patience in my experience. The glass needs to be aligned to follow the vertical tracks in and out as well as up and down at front and rear. Snug enough to stay in the tracks and loose enough not to bind.

You just have to futz around with the mounting points to get the correct alignment. It's a trial and error thing

Back