1955 seatbelt installation

sylvurhfox

sylvurhfox

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I am getting close to finishing my 55 and looking for suggestions on how to install the seat belts.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Here are the original instructions. Hope this helps.

-Andrew

SeatBelt.jpg

I am getting close to finishing my 55 and looking for suggestions on how to install the seat belts.
I cannot say for '55 or '56 but on '57s there are dimples in the floor behind the seat to drill through and mount the seat belts.

Original instructions that @apines provided are helpful. Article below is by Bob Lukens from the July/August 1992 Early Bird that is a little easier to understand.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

seatbelt-install1.jpgseatbelt-install2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone installed a 3 or 4 point seat belt? I am wanting more than just a lap belt.

I haven't done one, but a friend of mine did in his 57. He mounted the shoulder part to the rear wheel housing

There were a few race cars built on these cars. They always have been a little front heavy and when the '56 came out with the continental kit, the rear end would really like to sway, so most were drag racers. You might do some research on those if you really want to go there and how they built them.

Back