• Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here

• Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 4th of July Special Offer **LIFETIME MEMBERSHIPS** Guest! You can upgrade your account today and unlock member only features of the site and remove all Google/Amazon ads! Click here to learn more. Thanks for supporting the club!

1955 license plate bracket bolt size

Y-8

Y-8

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Got my bird back yesterday! The shop misplaced the 3 original pan head screws that hold the license palate holder. I found a bolt with the same size and threads, it’s an oddball size, it does not fit anything at the local hardware store. Anyone know how to reference part # 39050-S ?

License plate holder.PNG

Last edited:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I am not home to research this part. If you look in the parts book under the part number of the bracket, you will find the fastener listed with the number and description of the fastener with the length and thread pitch of the item. this may be a fine or SAE thread that most hardware stores do not carry.

The 1949-1959 Ford car parts catalog that I have list only 1958 bracket unless I am missing somethingCapture.PNG

Back