1955 intake manifold gaskets

T
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello All . I am preparing to install my newly painted intake manifold. I am using the truck type gaskets with the reduced center exhaust port opening to lesson the chances of paint burn. The gaskets seem to have an applied metal disc or washer at this location increasing the gaskets thickness. My question is how to avoid a possible vacuum leak due to mating surfaces being irregular? Thank you.

20221008_160149.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hello All . I am preparing to install my newly painted
Please follow the posting prompts on your future posts and include the model year of your car along with a summary of what your post is about.

How is anyone going to know what your post is about when the subject/title is "1955 - 1957" ?

I updated it.

model-year.jpg

Those gaskets are correct if you want to restrict the flow. They are designed to 'crush fit' to conform to the surfaces. Can only be used once. Proper torquing sequence is very important to get them to seat properly.

When installing the intake manifold be certain not to use excessive length bolts. The intake manifold bolt holes in the head intersect the push rod passages and too long a bolt can hit the push rods. Be sure to use short bolts, about ½" of thread so you don’t hit the push rods.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Intake Bolt.jpg

Hello All . I am preparing to install my newly painted intake manifold. I am using the truck type gaskets with the reduced center exhaust port opening to lesson the chances of paint burn. The gaskets seem to have an applied metal disc or washer at this location increasing the gaskets thickness. My question is how to avoid a possible vacuum leak due to mating surfaces being irregular? Thank you.

View attachment 24572
Could you please share the part number for those gaskets ?

Back