1955 Holley Carburetor Restoration

sylvurhfox

sylvurhfox

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I contacted Holley Carburetor restoration dept. I gave them all the information needed to restore my 1955 Thunderbird carburetor including the list number. I packaged up the carburetor and paid over $65 to have it shipped to the Holley restoration shop in Bowling Green Kentucky. I received an email from them yesterday that made no sense. I called them first thing this morning a few minutes after they opened. I used the number on the email sent to me and was passed around to four different people. The last person I talked to told me that they do not support my 1955 Thunderbird carburetor. I asked to have someone call me to explain before my carburetor is shipped back, but that did not happen. So, if Holley does not do restoration, who does?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Assuming restoration & rebuild are the same, I researched & found a local experienced mechanic. I took entire vehicle (56) so that all adjustments were completed & vehicle road tested

I contacted Holley Carburetor restoration dept. I gave them all the information needed to restore my 1955 Thunderbird carburetor including the list number. I packaged up the carburetor and paid over $65 to have it shipped to the Holley restoration shop in Bowling Green Kentucky. I received an email from them yesterday that made no sense. I called them first thing this morning a few minutes after they opened. I used the number on the email sent to me and was passed around to four different people. The last person I talked to told me that they do not support my 1955 Thunderbird carburetor. I asked to have someone call me to explain before my carburetor is shipped back, but that did not happen. So, if Holley does not do restoration, who does?
I have had a few carb. rebuilt by American Carburetor 904 215 6790 they are located in Fl. I always had good results, reasonable I believe I paid about 250.00

1. Holley does in fact do restoration of *some* of their vintage carbs, but not all. They were able to tell me right away whether or not they could do a restoration of mine; sorry to hear they apparently weren’t clear regarding yours.

2. The person I spoke to at Holley recommended Daytona Parts for those instances where Holley can’t/doesn’t do a restoration for a particular vintage carb.

Hope this is helpful!

Last edited by a moderator:
These to vendors come highly recommended for doing the Holley Tea pot carbs.

Sal Cicala 586-612-1650
David Arey 610-837-6146

The teapots are a different kind of carb and they have there own oddities and problems. The two vendors seem to have the correct knowledge to fix then right.

I have a personal friend who has done automotive and more recently, marine rebuilds here in Racine, WI. I got a kit from Larry's and paid him to rebuild it. I put it on and all it needed was tweeking to lean it out a bit. You still must pump the heck out of it to get it started though. If you are interested, I can hook you up.

I second Daytona Parts. They did my E carbs, have done numerous 4100's for me and were recommended by NPD. Their support after the work is awesome. Apparently, the PO glass beaded the fuel lines and some got into the carbs. They took them apart, cleaned and replaced the screens and - NO CHARGE.

20190125_140257.jpg20210321_194140.jpg20181231_165824.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back