1955 help mounting rear bumper guards

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
M

mrfeez

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I Have 2 Front bumper guards that I thought were for my 55 TBird, they are identical to all other guards on all other TBirds, my problem is there are no mounting
holes on bottom to attach to bumper, there are 4 threaded holes on inside of guards for mounting, my car is all in pieces and will take awhile to put back together
just not sure if they make a bracket for it, the way it looks now, I would have to go thru the grill somehow to mount them, Life is sure funny sometimes
Mr. Feez

Since we are an all Ford Thunderbird site, there is no need to include your make/model in the subject.

Also, you will get more replies with a good subject. "1955 Ford Thunderbird Rear bumper guards" could mean anything, i.e. selling a set. Editing now.

I Have 2 Front bumper guards that I thought were for my 55 TBird, they are identical to all other guards on all other TBirds, my problem is there are no mounting
holes on bottom to attach to bumper, there are 4 threaded holes on inside of guards for mounting, my car is all in pieces and will take awhile to put back together
just not sure if they make a bracket for it, the way it looks now, I would have to go thru the grill somehow to mount them, Life is sure funny sometimes
Mr. Feez
Mine are bolted through the jack brackets and mounting brackets a cartage bolt (square at the head before threads) should be square holes in the bumper guard that a nut attaches on the back side of the brackets. The rear guards has a bolt welded to it and a square hole for the bolt. There are short bolts and longer bolts flat and lock washers and nuts.

Back