1955 Front Suspension Bumper replacement

Selfrich

Selfrich

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
On my 1955 the brakes have been converted to disc in the front and rear. The front rubber suspension bumpers (top and bottom) are all destroyed. Are the standard rubber bumpers still OK to use? It appears that there is no special tools that I need to install new ones, Are the ones from Larry's and CASCO the ones to get?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I don't recall difficulty replacing mine, but they are asymmetrical. Note orientation while removing/installing. I can't remember where I bought mine, but it's likely that all of the Tbird suppliers use the same source.

Pretty much everything made of rubber has/had to be replaced on my 55. If your bumpers have to be replaced, you better check the control-arm bushings, sway bar bushings, etc. while you're at it.

The TBird suppliers. like CASCO, are probably the best place to get them. I agree with 55blacktie - check the other rubber parts.. With the tire off, easy to replace them.

The TBird suppliers. like CASCO, are probably the best place to get them. I agree with 55blacktie - check the other rubber parts.. With the tire off, easy to replace them.
Nation parts depot is also a good source NPD google it. They have 4 stores MI,FL,CA, and I think on the east coast don't remember I get mine from Michigan because I'm in Indiana usually only takes a couple days Free shipping over 300.00 TOO

Nation parts depot is also a good source NPD google it. They have 4 stores MI,FL,CA, and I think on the east coast don't remember I get mine from Michigan because I'm in Indiana usually only takes a couple days Free shipping over 300.00 TOO
While I don't have anything against NPD, I prefer to do business with CASCO Hill's or Prestige. These are the guys that actually restore little Birds and assume their parts are the same that they use in restorations. Plus they have tech lines that you can get info from.

Back