1955 Ford Thunderbird power window rail and regulator adjustments

Martin P

Martin P

1955 Ford Thunderbird Raven Black
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Window help on 1955 t bird. Replaced window and having issues with adjustments, window goes half way and binds, have worked on pillar adjustments and regulator only issue I can see is the arm that aches to the small door glide seems like it may be causing some of the binding issue, can’t determine what that function is I assume it’s for the top left to right leveling at the top of the window, left side roller and regulator arm seem a little difficult to engage the pin of the regulator arm into the roller. I have given up using the metal rollers as they bind ind the groves of the tracks even with lubricating they are not smooth sliding so went back to nylon rollers. All felt in the channels has been updated and replaced, I assume that those are not to be lubed as they are felt? I have seen others suggest lithium grease in those channels? hopefully I can figure this out but I believe that the roller in the small track that is attached to the door was free and not engaged into the roller when I removed the old window. not sure if that would mess up anything on the regulator arms that attach to the bottom of the window frame or not. Any help would be helpful at this point.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Window help on 1955 t bird. Replaced window and having issues with adjustments, window goes half way and binds, have worked on pillar adjustments and regulator only issue I can see is the arm that aches to the small door glide seems like it may be causing some of the binding issue, can’t determine what that function is I assume it’s for the top left to right leveling at the top of the window, left side roller and regulator arm seem a little difficult to engage the pin of the regulator arm into the roller. I have given up using the metal rollers as they bind ind the groves of the tracks even with lubricating they are not smooth sliding so went back to nylon rollers. All felt in the channels has been updated and replaced, I assume that those are not to be lubed as they are felt? I have seen others suggest lithium grease in those channels? hopefully I can figure this out but I believe that the roller in the small track that is attached to the door was free and not engaged into the roller when I removed the old window. not sure if that would mess up anything on the regulator arms that attach to the bottom of the window frame or not. Any help would be helpful at this point.
You shouldn't need to lube the whiskers, just the moving parts. Something is out of line. Go back to scratch and learn the geometry of how it should work. Yes they can be fussy But if careful assembly is followed the design works well.

Back