1955 bulb type placement

HRUVDT564
Last seen
Greetings, I bought a complete bulb set for my little bird. But it doesn't have a list of which ones go where. I had put in bulbs already but it is apparent some are wrong size.
Does anyone have a chart or can help figure out which goes where? ( exterior was simple but dash has different types)
I cant find this in The manuals I have.

Any assistance is appreciated

Greetings, I bought a complete bulb set for my little bird. But it doesn't have a list of which ones go where. I had put in bulbs already but it is apparent some are wrong size.
Does anyone have a chart or can help figure out which goes where? ( exterior was simple but dash has different types)
I cant find this in The manuals I have.

Any assistance is appreciated
This is the list I have. You may find, as I did, that two of the original bulbs were GE 37's but the complete set of bulbs I purchased provided 57's as replacements.
57 High beam
57 Instrument panel
57 Oil and Charge
57 Turn signal (in dash)
67 License plate
67 Courtesy (above radio)
93 Backup
1034 Turn Signal (above front bumper)
1445 Transmission shifter
1891 Radio - Town and Country

This is the list I have. You may find, as I did, that two of the original bulbs were GE 37's but the complete set of bulbs I purchased provided 57's as replacements.
57 High beam
57 Instrument panel
57 Oil and Charge
57 Turn signal (in dash)
67 License plate
67 Courtesy (above radio)
93 Backup
1034 Turn Signal (above front bumper)
1445 Transmission shifter
1891 Radio - Town and Country

I have a light bulb in my Map/Courtesy light socket that I cannot remove from the Map Light frame because the bulb glass it is too big. Before I break the bulb's glass, is the 67 bulb smaller and the same for a 12 volt system? Also, I don't have to remove the frame from the dash to replace this bulb do I?
20230319_103235.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a light bulb in my Map/Courtesy light socket that I cannot remove from the Map Light frame because the bulb glass it is too big. Before I break the bulb's glass, is the 67 bulb smaller and the same for a 12 volt system? Also, I don't have to remove the frame from the dash to replace this bulb do I?
The bulb snaps in from the rear just like all the dash lights. Difficult to get to with the radio in place but can be done.

Are you saying the blub glass is larger than the hole when you pull the socket out? If it is someone put the wrong bulb in. You may have to remove the light assy. and take it apart.

Actually if you break the glass, and clean it out, them just use the right bulb.

Are you saying the blub glass is larger than the hole when you pull the socket out? If it is someone put the wrong bulb in. You may have to remove the light assy. and take it apart.

Actually if you break the glass, and clean it out, them just use the right bulb.
The bulb is bigger than the reflector, so it must come out from the back, that is normal. If you look at the photo you can see the spring clips that hold it in. It looks like the radio is out so it should a piece of cake. just reach behind and pop it out.

Thanks for the replies. I forgot that the lights come out from the back!! Took the bulb out and replaced it. Still have no courtesy light. It was working before I removed the light switch and hot wired the dash lights to bypass the rheostat. Not sure where the hot wire for this light comes from.
My car has had a 6 to 12 volt conversion and the positive ground changed to negative ground also.

Thanks for the replies. I forgot that the lights come out from the back!! Took the bulb out and replaced it. Still have no courtesy light. It was working before I removed the light switch and hot wired the dash lights to bypass the rheostat. Not sure where the hot wire for this light comes from.
My car has had a 6 to 12 volt conversion and the positive ground changed to negative ground also.
The power for the light comes from the light switch and is fused there. The 7.5 amp is for the 12v, fuse is on the light switch itself. Make sure it is still good and or not dislodged.

The power for the light comes from the light switch and is fused there. The 7.5 amp is for the 12v, fuse is on the light switch itself. Make sure it is still good and or not dislodged.

Thanks very much! That did fix my map lamp problem. It was the fuse. Great Forum for everyone to help!!

Thanks very much! That did fix my map lamp problem. It was the fuse. Great Forum for everyone to help!!
Use the Like/Thanks button to thank people.

like-thanks.jpg

Back