1955 bellhousing bolts size and length

Dale bird
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
New here have a 55tbird ac trans need bellhousing bolts size and length trying to put this all back together got it completely taken apart by last owner

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

New here have a 55tbird ac trans need bellhousing bolts size and length trying to put this all back together got it completely taken apart by last owner
It's interesting of how many owners have acquired their new toy from a previous owner who disassembled their car without documenting their work with photos etc. and then find themselves way over their head and don't have the wherewithal to put it back together nor have the funds to have a pro to do it and then sell it as is. The definition of a basket case as everything is in baskets and boxes.

There are 55-57 T-bird companies that sell different manuals that will help you. I did my 1st 57 T-bird project just finishing. The 3 that will help you the most: Illustrations & Reference Manual, Trim & Sealer Manual, the Electrical Manual. Find a parts co. near you. A few of the co. that sell parts also have their own restoration shop. I have found them very helpful.

Have all that my so called basket case has rebilt motor and trans frame all done body work all done 99.5 all nos ford parts extral parts from ford there must be like 20 grand in ford parts alone

There are 55-57 T-bird companies that sell different manuals that will help you. I did my 1st 57 T-bird project just finishing. The 3 that will help you the most: Illustrations & Reference Manual, Trim & Sealer Manual, the Electrical Manual. Find a parts co. near you. A few of the co. that sell parts also have their own restoration shop. I have found them very helpful.
Never have heard of the illustrations & reference manual. Have all the others, Restoration manual, electrical manual, & trim & sealer manual.
Have all that my so called basket case has rebilt motor and trans frame all done body work all done 99.5 all nos ford parts extral parts from ford there must be like 20 grand in ford parts alone
What a find. sounds like you have everything you need to rebuild your car. What a chance to build an award winner. Time equals quality and you can be proud that 'I did it myself'. I know that feeling just preserving my car.

It may not be in print any more. Sorry it's not very clear 124 pages pic. blown up. Really helpful.

Attachments

• IMG_0251.JPG
    IMG_0251.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 3
My 56 with Ford-O-Matic has 4ea 7/16" X 2 1/2 or 3" for the bellhousing to the engine. Bellhousing to trans are also 7/16" about 1 1/4". Use grade 5 or 8. Bolts are coarse thread.

Last edited:
You can purchase the 1955-1957 Thunderbird Illustrations & Reference Manual from Larry's for $12.86. Page 51 of the manual shows the bolts that you are looking for. The part number is 20246-S.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Book.png

SCAN0227.jpg

The bolts are like 2/14 to 2/12 length its so nice to walk over to tables and u have all the parts u need it's like having your own store I have everything you can imagine for the car to bad the original owner passed away before he was able to put it back together

Back