1955-1957 Parking Brake Signal Lamp

paul5456
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
One of the rarest options on an early TBird was a parking brake signal lamp. Has anyone have any experience with one of these on their car ? I have gathered all the original (I think) pieces but have a question on the light itself.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Use the 4 digit model year(s) in future posts in your subject. This aids with site and google searches.

model-year-TBF.jpg

That's a new one to me. Maybe a dealer option?

Attached are the parking brake signal lamp installation instructions from the Electrical Equipment Installation Manual.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Attachments

• Parking Brake Signal Lamp Installation Kit.jpg
    Parking Brake Signal Lamp Installation Kit.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
That's a new one to me. Maybe a dealer option?
I don't think so. There is a factory engineering sheet on it and a part number
Attached are the parking brake signal lamp installation instructions from the Electrical Equipment Installation Manual.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue
Thanks Doug - I have that. Looking for someone who actually has one installed or has installed one.

Ward,

The parking brake signal lamp was not a factory installed option, it was a dealer or customer installed option.

Below is the standard and optional equipment that could be purchased from the factory for the 55, 56 and 57 Thunderbird.
19335_4d2f7d1de238d440800146361c63b4a3.jpg

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Last edited by a moderator:
Back