Replacing Upper control arm bushings removal on a 1955 Bird

J
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Does anyone have any information on how to remove and replace the bushings on my 1955 Thunderbird?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Does anyone have any information on how to remove and replace the bushings on my 1955 Thunderbird?

I recently did mine. A little tricky as all the bushings appear similar. I had access to a hydraulic press and various things to press with which simplified the process.
Best if you have a manual as the bushings are alternately installed fron the inner and outer side of the upper control arm as I recall. And be sure to note how far in they need to go. Take pictures as a visual reminder!
Some of the auto stores may have loaner tools to do this as well or consider taking them to a shop. I was quoted two hrs. for this work. It took me, inexperienced, three hrs.
Good luck.
Art

I recently did mine. A little tricky as all the bushings appear similar. I had access to a hydraulic press and various things to press with which simplified the process.
Best if you have a manual as the bushings are alternately installed fron the inner and outer side of the upper control arm as I recall. And be sure to note how far in they need to go. Take pictures as a visual reminder!
Some of the auto stores may have loaner tools to do this as well or consider taking them to a shop. I was quoted two hrs. for this work. It took me, inexperienced, three hrs.
Good luck.
Art

Back