The Thunderbird Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

pbocciardi

You are correct. The next"mass mailing" will be #3 of the original sequence. However, it will be the 1st. and 2nd. mailings for alot of people that ordered their birds late. This mailing will be the 2nd. in the collection for me.
# 7 0f 13, blue/blue/premium w opt. Performance White top.

I understand that the next mailing of the Thunderbird Collection is going out tomorrow 2/07/02. This will be mailing # 2, 3, 4, or 5 for some people, depending when they registered thru the dealer. This will be my 2nd. Keep your eyes on your mailboxes, UPS, Fed-Ex, etc.
# 7 of 13, dealer tells me I am 9 of 13 now. Their stock units vs sold orders has the consumer confused where they thought they were in the allocation !! I am counting cars as they have come into the dealership, which has been 4 with # 5 eta of 3/04/02. My math tells me that I am two cars down the line after #5. My dealer tells me I am 4 cars away after #5. I must remember that stock units which are two(2) so far, have put me back in their allocation. Sorry if this sounds confusing, I am still reeling from my discussions with the dealer today.The bottom line as I see it now.... rather than getting my car mid to late March, he tells me that it may be mid May early June. This "manage the wait" program is really becoming unbearable.
P.S. I still have no vin # yet !!!

Don't think anybody will be getting #4 on this next mailing, #3 is the next one in line for those who started getting these from the very first mailing.

I agree with you va - why a dealer is putting stock units ahead of sold orders is beyond me - just makes those of us waiting more agitated. However, if he ordered those without hardtops then I can understand them coming in now and pushing the other orders out of line since Ford is trying to do a sell job on the cars without hardtops. There is more going on behind the scenes than we will ever know and somehow we're getting lost in the shuffle.

My agitation is that my dealer has only received 7 VINs so far with 19 more to go. Don't know how he can possibly be in the 40% delivered by the end of February.

-

thenewtbird2

“My agitation is that my dealer has only received 7 VINs so far with 19 more to go. Don't know how he can possibly be in the 40% delivered by the end of February.”

A rough estimation of how to calculate what you VIN number will be or when your car will be built is as follows.

My Situation
My dealer was to receive a total of 7 cars

Ford is making 25,000 cars

Percentage my dealer is receiving of the total production 7 / 25,000 = .00028

My car was # 3 of 7 therefore is you divide 3 by .00028 you would get an estimation of which one of the 25,000 would be your car.

Mine would be 3 / .00028 = 10,714 my actual VIN is 10,687 which is close to the calculation.

My dealer has received 42% of the VINs for his total allocation.

Another example of a dealer who could care less.

It is easy for a dealer to put his stock units ahead of his sold units but just changing his priority number on the cars.

He is just trying to get the stock units in as quickly as possible to be able to sell them for over MRSP before there are two many out there.

Also you estimate of time: it needs to consider that all the dealers who only are getting one have now gotten them. I would start counting time after the date when that happened. (didn't follow but mid December?) Deducting the total dealers (3800?) from the 25,000.

I'm going to start another topic - The Numbers - to comment on the previous replies to my concern, so we can get this thread back on topic which is the Thunderbird Collection.

Received my 2nd. mailing today 2/11/02 UPS.The yellow bound book about the T-Bird and the folks that built it, is very nice. The blue static clings were also enclosed along with a thank you letter from my dealership. Keep your eyes on those mailboxes or doorsteps over the next week or so. The Birds are flying again!!

Got mine yesterday as well ... (black static clings of course). This makes it #3 for me as I got the log book last time. Interestingly, I was signed up at 2 dealerships but have yet to get anuything from the other one.

Got my second mailing yesterday, yellow book and blue clings.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

I got my second item from my original dealer (where I am #4 of 4) who entered me late, but not my third item from my second dealer (where I am #2 of 2) who entered me early. BTW the second dealer is also the one who will be delivering my red bird within the next 2 weeks. My original dealer hasn't even come up with a VIN. The second bird from my original dealer is up for grabs. Anyone?

------------------
Jim Williams
'98 Lincoln Continental waiting for red/red/std blk premium (#2 of 2 VIN 1FAHP60E62Y111592)
Mass. tag JWBIRD Christmas gift from #3 daughter

rolleyes.gif
Jawill2000, could you make that a little more confusing!!

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

biggrin.gif
OK, now we have it going, now we can pick on jawill2000,
biggrin.gif
just kidding, we don't have GW to pick on anymore so your "IT".
PS. Yes we are a bunch of kids, who else would wait over a year just for a car.
------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

-

-

-

Ha Ha, isn't that the truth. We have to laugh at our selves for a lot of others are laughing at us for waiting so long. it's just that they dount know what they are missing!
wink.gif
(and the wait was worth every minute of it).

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

You think you guys are confused, how about me? Feel free to pick on me, I'd be honored. I hope we can all laugh, this site is the only thing that's kept me smiling throughout the long wait (which I hope will be over next week). Thanks to all of you.

------------------
Jim Williams
'98 Lincoln Continental waiting for red/red/std blk premium (#2 of 2 VIN 1FAHP60E62Y111592)
Mass. tag JWBIRD Christmas gift from #3 daughter

Got my second package today. It was the #2 mailing. Don't know if yellow clings will be collectable or should we use them? At my age, I think I'll use them.

Received my second mailing today Box #2 with the yellow book and blue static clings. Received my Bird on January 16th haven't received Box #5 saying the wait is over yet almost a month after delivery.....

------------------
02 T-Bird
Thunderbird Blue Premium
Full Accent Package
Ordered 11-14-00
Delivered 1-16-02
Lic# 0TBIRD2
Definately worth the Wait
YEAH

Mother just called, she found a package
hanging on the fence from UPS. It contained
a small yellow T-Bird book. I will check it
out tomorrow too see if a number is imprinted
as to what series of the Bird collection.

I don't know how long it's been there since
that entrance is seldom used. So we had
some part of the collection delivered in
central Texas.

Just received a TBC box today. I haven't opened it yet, but it's marked "1-JOURNAL", so it must be the post-delivery package [#5?]. Time since delivery was 38 days, in case anyone else is missing theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back