The Thunderbird Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received # 3 today (mine have been in proper order). The "surprise" on the last page is really neat! Wonder what its life span will be.

I liked the thumbwheel and the design comparisons, too.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Pony stopped in Kansas as well as OK!

Ditto the surprise at the end - I laughed and laughed! The #3 mailing is going to be my fav - probably has something to do with the blue suede. Definitely a "hands-on" book!

Got my #3 from dealer #2 but...... OK I won't go there again. I was surprised that book was blue I expected the color to agree with owners car color. However still a very nice addition to the collection.

------------------
Jim Williams
red/red/std blk premium #2 of 2 VIN 1FAHP60A62Y111592
Mass. tag JWBIRD

From what I remember, each book will be one of the five colors of the TBird. Since there are to be five mailings, each book will be a different color.

The brown truck pulled up to our house last night about 6:30. We received # 3 and boy that last page is quite a surprize.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

I have had posts which describe the poor quality or service of some aftermarket accessories, but these items from FORD are another exception to the minor problems that affect some branches of FORD.

Some time ago the price for this program was stated to be around $50, I think we are getting a great return for what the dealerships paid on our behalf.

I will send a thank you card to my dealer for this third mailing, and like others was very surprised at the last page.

------------------
'56 TBird '02 NM Bird
'98 F250
'68 AMC AMX
'73 Volvo 1800ES
'01 Olds Aurora 4.0

I noticed that several of you are continuing to receive items from the t-bird gift collection eventhough you have taken delivery of your vehicle. I just spoke to my dealer, who contacted Ford at their 800 #, and he was told that we no longer qualified for the goodies because we took delivery. This really Sucks!! My husband and I just love our new bird. We've collected magazine articles, models, radio control cars, etc...but now we can't get the real stuff from Ford. Do any of you have a cooperative dealer that may be able to assist me....or do you want to sell any of the t-bird gifts?
T 4 TWO red/red

------------------

I noticed that several of you are continuing to receive items from the t-bird gift collection eventhough you have taken delivery of your vehicle. I just spoke to my dealer, who contacted Ford at their 800 #, and he was told that we no longer qualified for the goodies because we took delivery. This really Sucks!! My husband and I just love our new bird. We've collected magazine articles, models, radio control cars, etc...but now we can't get the real stuff from Ford. Do any of you have a cooperative dealer that may be able to assist me....or do you want to sell any of the t-bird gifts?
T 4 TWO red/red

------------------

Based on what we have seen here and what we have been told, it is totally NOT TRUE that you don't receive the Thunderbird collection gifts once you have received the car. As a matter of fact, the black book, a journal for you to write your experiences with the car, has been sent to those people who have their car already. There are five mailings and we are all supposed to get all five. If your dealer won't help you, get ahold of your Ford zone or regional manager. It is amazing how some sales people just blow their customers off with crap, instead of doing a little bit of work.

Ford did put an expiration date on registering for the collection. If your dealer did not register you by December 31, 2001 then you are out of luck. That was the last date Ford would accept The Thunderbird Collection registrations.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Just received #3 yesterday, the last page is really cool. Now all I need is the Bird.
My date is July or August.

Black Premium full red interior package.

Also have the black fuzzy dice with red dots.

My #3 collectable stars do not twinkle any one else have this happen. The on off strap in the back of the book appears not to go over the battery to shut it off when closed. Or is this just a one time starburst and I missed it.

bigmac011 - the effect should work every time. It is like those greeting cards with a small battery. I have old cards about 10 years old that still have power. If you can't fix it, ask your dealer to request a replacement mailing. Good luck

------------------
Chris
2002 Premium
Thunderbird Blue/Blue/Partial

frown.gif
Still waitng for my third mailing.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but you note that the book must be closed to 'reset' the pattern every time.

tr - the pattern on mine slows down after a few seconds. After closing the page and re-opening, it starts over again.

------------------
Chris
2002 Premium
Thunderbird Blue/Blue/Partial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back