The Thunderbird Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. UPS left a note on Friday from Thunderbird Collection. He re-delivered the box today. It is Box #5, with the memory book and order form for the dash plaque. Return envelope had a stamp on it and everything. Now I just have to come up with something clever to put on the plaque. So now I have received boxes 1, 2, & 5. Have I said that I love this car?
Hugh in Houston
TBird Blue 02
#6160 delivered Dec 14, 2001

Since I only got my car in January, with no pre order , I have not been notified at all about the collection. Will they contact me? The good news is that my local dealer is giving me the metal covered book at the end of the production run.

Originally posted by metinsure:
Since I only got my car in January, with no pre order , I have not been notified at all about the collection. Will they contact me? The good news is that my local dealer is giving me the metal covered book at the end of the production run.

No such luck - you're out of the running for getting the collection. Orders had to be placed last year by the dealer - with customer addresses. But you're in good luck getting the metal covered book.

Watch ebay - occasionally a part of the Thunderbird collection will show up.

I don’t want to here that. I had ordered my bird on Jan 13 01. Being 2 of 2, it is still on order for the dealer. After seeing all the cars sitting on dealer lots unsold, I found one like I had ordered and bought it for less than my local dealer was going to charge me.

Even though I was able to do the mystery drive last fall, I have not seen any of the collection. I know from talking to my local dealer and seeing all the info on this site, the sales people are really uniformed. But my selling dealer did tell me that we would all get the collection.
I am just upset with Ford on how they handled the distribution. I have always felt that we who had ordered a car and put a down payment on it, should have gotten the cars before the dealers out the who are adding outrages amounts to the price of the car. Oh well, I love the car and I am glad I did what I did. Just not happy with the system I guess.

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

Howlee, If your 1st dealer had ordered the collection, you would have started receiving the Thunderbird Collection last August. Since you haven't received anything, sounds more like that dealership was confused about the Collection program and the Manage the Wait program
frown.gif

think your right, Even though i had repeatdly checked with him about the collection. i was dealing with the sales manager with my car, because the original sales guy had quite. i new long ago when every one else was recieving the 1st in the collection,that something was not right. But always got the same answer, Oh yes your name is in the system. What the heck, i have the car, and another dealer got the $$. when it's time to order our 03 explorer, I again will find it over the internet (like my bird). i would have just gone down and had them order it for me. Not any more.

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

Has everyone that knows for sure they are signed up for the collection received the latest mailing yet? I was supposed to be signed up by the dealer in November but have not received anything. I going to give them a call if I don't see something soon.

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

2K2BIRD,

I am signed up but have not received the latest mailing yet. On the others I was running about 2 to 3 weeks behind the posting of the first to be received.

Thanks for the info, jodrod. I'll keep my fingers crossed and call the dealer too.

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

I know that most owners that have already received their cars have received mailings 1, 2, and 5...have any that are still waiting received mailing #3? I've only received 1 and 2. BTW, I had a dream last night that my dealer said he decided not to sell my t-bird to me...said I didn't deserve it??!! Now that's more like a nightmare!! Being 4 of 7, I sure I hope I get that VIN soon...as the weather gets warmer, it's only going to get more difficult...

------------------
White/White premium; full red accent interior; no VIN yet

flybrd, et.al.,

I called the TBird collection 800# that you're not supposed to call yesterday. They said mailing #3, which is the blue-covered
book, went out on Feb. 8.

Given their previous pratfalls, we know that that could mean just about anything....but I am guessing we should see it in about a week.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue/premium on order: 10 of 18

-

Have only received #1 and #2 so far.

------------------
neiman vin#00035
delivered October 4, 2001

I've received only mailings 1 & 2. Took delivery of car October 9th. Have not received mailing # 5 even though I have car. Expect # 3 any day now hopefully.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

I just received book #3 via UPS about 15 minutes ago. It contains the usual cover letter from the dealer, as well as a turquoise-blue suede-looking book.

It is described as "an interactive book all about numbers", and most of the pages have fold-outs. For instance, it says "3.47 square yards", you fold it out and see a sample of the leather in a picture of a car interior. It shows a full blue accent, and sample of blue leather. I don't know if the book will have your interior color, or if they will all be blue. It has a page which says "47 year love affair" with picture comparisons of styling cues for our car vs the early birds. Another page says there are at least 12 sets of wings on the car, and challenges us to find as many as we can.

There is more, and an interesting "last page" that I won't spoil for those who haven't gotten the book. It's a fun book, I thought. I can't help but wish the "Manage the Wait" program had worked out, the mailings certianly would have built-up the excitement! It was a great idea, if they had "pulled it off" as originally planned. Now they are simply additional collectibles.

I seem to be the first one to receive these, so you can probably estimate when your's will arrive based on the timing of your delay on the last mailing.

Have fun

------------------
Chris
2002 Premium
Thunderbird Blue/Blue/Partial

Birdbrain,

3.9LV8 posed the question on how many TBirds were on the car. We never did get an answer, he left the board never to be heard from again. Do the book give the answer?

jodrod - no answer to their own question. My car isn't here, but if my memory is correct...

Wheels centers - 4
Steering wheel - 1
Windshield - 1
Outside rear view with doors open - 1
Hood - 1
Trunk - 1
Seatbacks 2

That's 11 by my count, I can't recall any more from memory. Help!!

------------------
Chris
2002 Premium
Thunderbird Blue/Blue/Partial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back