Soft Boot Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
biggrin.gif
OK I'll give my review on this. I do like the soft top boot, don't get me wronge on this review. But as far as looks the semi hard boot that comes with the car looks a lot nicer. I will use this boot on trips because of the space saving with this. The fit and finish on this soft boot is top quailty and I have no complants on this part of it. It Just doesn't look as good as the semi hard boot. I have posted pics on Rtbrd's site under the pic's and then Soft Boo. It is also very easy to put on and doesn't look too bad, just doesn't look as good as the stock one. Like I said I DO like this soft boot but will only use it on trips which is what it is was made for.
biggrin.gif
I know that this may sound like a negative review but it is not intended to sound like that at all. I do like the soft boot, just that the stock one looks a lot better on the car.

Don't send me any hate mail!!
rolleyes.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Let me make sure I understand you. Did you say that you liked the soft boot? I'm thinking about getting one for trips and I saw a picture of one it looks like it doesn't fit quite as nice as the hard boot. So from your post i'm assuming you like the soft boot but not as much as the hard boot right?

Just received my soft boot today. It is much easier to put on, takes less room to store, and looks O.K when on. However, I agree that the boot that comes with the car, when put on properly, looks better. Everything in life is a trade off. I am willing to trade a slight difference in appearance for the convienence of the soft boot when we travel. Due to the ease of installation, I will probably use it most the time around home too.

------------------
02 Black T-Bird
1955 Sunliner Convertible
1955 Crown Victoria Glass Top
1931 Model "A" Panel Delivery Truck
1931 Model "A" Station Wagon
1971 Chevrolet S/B Pick up

Gobird,

Just went a looked at your pix (haven't received my boot yet). In comparing the photos you took and the ones on Keith's site, it looks as if his boot is pulled tighter than yours, shows less droop or sag. Is there a way to put more tension on the boot to make it tighter?

Even though I don't have mine yet, from the photos I agree the stock boot does look better, however I purchased the soft boot for travel, the semi-rigid boot just takes up too much room in the trunk.

-

TRBIRD:

The tightness of the cover can be controlled by how the back edge is positioned in the trunk. If you butt the back edge of the cover against the front edge of the trunk gasket, shut the trunk lid, and then do the snaps you will get a nice tight fit.

By far the most common mistake is to attache the snaps first and then try to achieve tension in the trunk lid. This won't work and will give you a "saggy" look.

And just for a personal opinion, I think that while the Ford semi rigid boot does indeed look better the soft boot cover looks fine. Of course my car is black so it may be different for other colors. Keith agrees with this also.

I think people will be delighted when they see the cover. But always keep in mind that if you are not 100% satisfied Keith will refund your money!

Tom M

You guys may have a convert here. I too will probably use the soft boot for trips. But I will also be on the lookout for one that looks as nice as the hard cover just for bopping around town in.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

Thank you for your thoughts - I agree with everything you said. Around town I use my hard boot (different car same issue)The Travel Boot is for traveling. If you need to take luggage in your trunk then you'll need a TBird Travel Boot... and leave the hard boot home. Good news for those waiting the next shipment arrives on Wednesday. www.TBirdSolutions.com

Having just received my soft boot, I went to put it on today. Not only is it simple and easy, the way it should be from Ford but it's not bad looking either. While not quite up to the look of the factory semi hard boot I'll take this one any day. simple to install(about 20 seconds) and good guality. Thank you Keith
JRL

I just placed my order. Gobird if it doesn't live up to your review you may have to move from the GW suite to the dog house
wink.gif

(Inside joke).

------------------

biggrin.gif
TbirdMarty, Trustttt me, you will like it for what it is.
wink.gif

Besides that, I've been in the Dog House before and It doesn't bother me.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

-

-

I have my California Water Blade, my Zaino Products, my cockpit cover, my car cover, and my soft boot. Now, if I can ONLY get my TBird!!! The best information that I have is that it is somewhere inroute with an estimated delivery date ranging from today to sometime next week.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
gmadams, Like they use to say in the 60's. Hoold OOn I'mmm Commmen. Your time is near.
biggrin.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

gmadams;

Once you've collected all the accessories they will then let you have a car to go with them.
wink.gif
Paitence, the wait is worth it.

------------------

biggrin.gif
Marty, I think my responce was better then yours.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

You guys are a barrel of laughs!!

You have your car and I'm still waiting. I'd better get it before Sandestin, otherwise my pickup would be out of place sitting in the middle of all those TBirds at the drive-in theater......
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

gmadams, well if you don't get your car I think one of us could bring a little red wagon or a tri cycle for you to sit on. Maybe we could come up with a side car on the bike.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Just maybe they are going to send you an 03.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

-

rolleyes.gif
gmadams, I think I see the NUDOS working in the background on this one. HOPE I AM WRONG.
tongue.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back