instrument panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lincoln LS cluster most likely won't work in your car but the lens should fit...

If your gauge lights are out AND the shifter console PRND5/4/3/2/1 lights are also out its most likely the Front Electronics Module...a different instrument cluster won't help with that...

There is a workaround though..

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi Frankie, no, the shifter console lights are not out. Only the gauge lights

You may have an instrument cluster issue then, the FEM controls both gauges and shifter if it were bad neither would light..
An outside chance its the dash dimmer thumbwheel or headlight switch though -- those two items are cheap and easy to replace (under $100 for both if I recall)...the instrument cluster is not and is a pain to get repaired and I know of only one outfit that does it.

hi Frankie, The dimmer wheel and the head lights in the car work. What do you mean with the only one outfit? thanks for replying

I think these guys did it at one time: https://circuitboardmedics.com/ford-instrument-cluster-repair/?sort=featured&page=3 but I no longer see that option on their web page but I'd reach out to them.. My Ford dealer says they still do them.

The midwestautotek guy says he does them but he was going to charge me a small fortune to just look at mine, so I fixed it myself...in about an hour ...

The headlight/dimmer switch can fool you, they take one path to dim the instrument lights and another to dim the climate control , mileage LED indicators and other lights; things may appear to be working when only one function actually does...

Some previous owner had "hard-wired" the dash lights to ALWAYS be on because he/she wouldn't repair the FEM electronics module... I took the cluster out, found the issues, repaired them myself and then had the FEM fixed and all works as factory now.
Before and after pics attached. The midwestautotek guy wanted $400 to fix it and said that was a staring price depending on what he found... I also put LED's in the instrument gauges while I was in there anyway.

Modified_Cluster_1_Marked.jpgRepairs_Marked.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
waaaaoh, great!!!! As soon as I get the instrument cluster, what I already ordered, I try to fix that, as I do not trust the repair stations anymore, as this car is the only one in my country and was already damaged enough by people who thought they knew something. :confused:

Does anybody know if there is a repair manual for the TB 2002 for the instrument cluster? I tried to fix my problem with the light of the speedometer (the dimmer works), but unfortunately I could not find the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back