1. Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here.

Dismiss Notice

Hard Tonneau Cover from T-bird Concepts?

Discussion in '2002 - 2005 Ford Thunderbird' started by flairbird, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Who on this forum has purchased the roadster tonneau cover from Thunderbird Concepts?

I've looked at this product for over a year, and I am very interested in purchasing as I leave my top down all spring and summer long.

Does anyone in the Washington DC are have one on their car? I would not mind seeing it in person. Thanks in advance for your comments.

Flair

2. tbird

tbird Super Moderator Staff Member

So buy one, already.

3. MUSEUMPROD

MUSEUMPROD Guest

Hard Boot

I purchased a two piece hard boot for my 02 Blackbird last year. I have had
    no problems with the boot and many complements about it from other Bird owners. Be patient when you order as they are custom made.You will like it!
    I have had mine on since April.

4. Thanks for the feedback....looks like a late Winter order should make early Spring delivery the key to more fun motoring once the weather turns warmer.

Flair

5. mr ed

mr ed Guest

Tonneau covers

You may have problems with the seat belts,they wont rewind. Unhook the belt at the top of the seat, problem fixed. The covers will just fit in the trunk,so dont go grocery shopping. My bird is a mellow yellow 2002 wit a lic. plate ( SPORTY ) Fl. on the St Johns river.

6. thanks for the feedback...

eom...

Flairbird

7. George

George Passed Away July 25, 2015

Look at tbirdroadster.com I believe he's in Maryland right near you. He makes two piece covers, some with head rests like late '60's. Very sharp and fit in the trunk - His name is Gary

8. Tonneau cover

I have those for my 21004 and they are beautiful. Everybody likes them.
    Some problems though. the mechanism to hold them together in the front and to hold them to the car in the front is not adequate. they rattled and lifted in the wind and I was afraid it would blow off. I added some big Velcro straps down into the space behind the seat - that works but is kind of half assed.
    Doug

9. I just pickup up a two piece tonneau but no instructions on how to put on. any ideas out there?

10. Thunderbird Concepts closed as a business today.

Thunderbird Specialties/California Custom is an alternative source for retro parts and accessories.
    www.thunderbirdspecialties.com

tbird likes this.
  11. tbird

Screenshot_20170510-192352.png That's interesting, they've been running Google ads, as a matter of fact they are still running.

12. Getting a 404 error from your site when I hit the shop button. You may want to check it. Using iPad.
    Mikey52

13. Whoops! Didn't see the message on their closing.

tbird likes this.
  14. I ordered a top hoist from Thunderbird concepts on 18 April. They took my payment but shipped no hoist. They dont return calls or respond to emails. Turned over to my Finacial institutions fraud unit.

15. tbird

Try emailing aaronscott@thunderbirdconcepts.com Obviously something unusual is going on, Aaron has been around for years, they abruptly shut down, yet were still running Google ads to promote the site. Does not seem planned out.

Help us by sharing/liking this page below and G+1!

Shop Amazon.comPlease shop Amazon.com using this link to support the forum!