Database Info for the New Birds - post here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, my car 1FAHP60A12Y113878 is at the dealer! Picking it up in Carlsbad at 1 today.

Interesting that a call yesterday to the VOPC line ended up automatically transferring me to a live operator! She advised me the line was for dealers and she could not help me.

------------------
Chuck

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I still don't have my VIN # , but I got these from my dealer the other day.
Red T-Bird #1FAHP60A42Y115687
Yellow T-Bird # 1FAHP60A42Y115690

Hope to get my VIN soon

GOT IT!! Have not driven it yet as it was a gift for my wife and she has gone to show it off...she did give me a ride while we test drove it before I wrote the $42,852.86 check.

Beautiful car: wht/wht/standard black...did not know about "sealed automatics" and had not read anything here that I can remember. I miss the dipstick!

Great dealer (had done business here before) sold it to me at MSRP 38,890 + 550 (dest and delivery) + 45 document fee + 3060.86 sales tax + 297 license + 5 CA "tire fee")with handshake and no deposit...ordered 10/9/01.

Many thanks to all on this forum who have made the wait tolerable. Great people and great information.

------------------
Chuck

It's been some time since I've posted, but wanted to update my information.

Vin # 111171 Blue/Blue/Full Blue premium. I received my car on February 22. It was built on 2-8-02. Due to the weather here in Ohio, I had the dealership flatbed it to the house. So far it has only 7.3 miles that it came from the factory with. It has been sitting under a California Car Cover since then.

Jodrod, here is the info on my bird.
VIN Number is 1FAHP60A72Y102397
Rotation number is 2426
I think the build date was 8/1/01
It went to Carney Middleton Ford in Minnesota and was #1 for them.

Exterior color Black,Premium with Black hard top.
Interior is full accent Red.

I bought it on November 24, 01 and drove it home to the Mpls/St Paul MN area where it has been in my garage waiting for spring.

Great job in organizing the info.
Bob

-

jodrod,I finally have a bird! I've been lurking for what seems like forever. I bought this car last saturday and got it home early monday. It is a yellow/yellow premium with full accent,vin#1fahp60a72y102609 It came from Dub Herring Ford in Picayune Ms. It's new home is in Arkansas. This is not the car I've been waiting on and have had on order for over a year. My daughter lives in Ms. and found the first dealer who was selling me the car at msrp plusa prep fee of either $395.00 or $495.00 I don't remember which, anyway they weren't very friendly or helpful so when she saw this one advertised she made an appointment, went in haggled with them on the price (they had over $50,000.00 on the sticker)got me on the phone (I was in Dallas)and we finally agreed on $300.00 more than I was paying at the other dealer but no more waiting!The dealership was great, they let her write a check which they knew wouldn't be covered until I got the car back to Arkansas on monday.They said it was thier first bird and that it has been on thier showroom floor for about 3 months but with that vin# it could have been 6 mounths or maybe it was one of the ones on hold or sent back, what do you think? The second one will be there soon and the salesman thinks it is white. My car is wonderful and drove beautifully all the way home evan thru the hard rain.I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. My other car is still on order if anyone is interested please email me before I cancel it's the same as the one I got. I have truly injoyed this forum and I want to thank you and everyone for all your hard work, for all the information and for all I have learned from you.

yelobrd2002: Welcome to the forum. To answer your question about the vin, my guess would be that your car was delivered sometime in September. That would make it about 6 months that it's been sitting at the dealership. I is obviously a small dealer since he's only getting number 2 soon. At any rate, enjoy your car. The more you drive it, the more you'll love it. I don't think anyone here will dispute me on that one.
smile.gif

yelobrd2002,

Most of the cars in your vin range were delivered mid to late October.

If you look on the vin sticker in the engine compartment there will probably be a 4 digit number above the vin, this is the rotation number and for you is the actual build sequence number, ie yours was the xxxx built.

-

Sorry aboout that last post. I had my que cards mixed up. That car was posted last week. The correct vin # is 1FAHP60A52Y116928. The cars are identical other than the vin. Car is also going to a fine home in Ft Worth Tx.

Originally posted by ldavenport:
It is Premium. Purchased at Sentry Ford, Medford, Mass. Home will be Avondale, PA.

The 800 number shows that my car "as of April 10 has been released by the assembly plant". Do you have an estimate of the dealer arrival date ? No excitement here. Ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back