Database Info for the New Birds - post here

Status
Not open for further replies.
saw a yellow bird at a dealer so i got some info on it, located in south subs of chicago

VIN last #'s 108473
Ext. Color yellow
Top/Model ??? premium
Int. Color full yellow

------------------
1996 Thunderbird LX 4.6l
1966 Thunderbird "Q" code conv.

-

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

RTBRD-aka-jodrod. First of all, I want to thank you again for all the work you put into your "newbirddata" page. I just visited it and it's remarkable how much information you have compiled. I'm sure everyone appreciates it and I am sorry I didn't get some of this information to you sooner. I think the only thing you are missing from me, is the delivery date for my son. It was Jan. 24, 2002. You have his vin# but his sequence # is 8773. My sequence # is 1385. We both put a deposit down on the cars on April 12th, 1999. I was 1 of 3 and he was 2 of 3. If I have missed anything, let me know. I am trying to talk my grandmother into buying a new one. That way I won't be the oldest owner on your average age thread!!

RTBRD-aka-jodrod. First of all, I want to thank you again for all the work you put into your "newbirddata" page. I just visited it and it's remarkable how much information you have compiled. I'm sure everyone appreciates it and I am sorry I didn't get some of this information to you sooner. I think the only thing you are missing from me, is the delivery date for my son. It was Jan. 24, 2002. You have his vin# but his sequence # is 8773. My sequence # is 1385. We both put a deposit down on the cars on April 12th, 1999. I was 1 of 3 and he was 2 of 3. If I have missed anything, let me know. I am trying to talk my grandmother into buying a new one. That way I won't be the oldest owner on your average age thread!!

Jod-

You posted a bird for me a couple of months back that was incorrect (SPARTACUS entry).

Dealer was playing games with me and overcharging to boot.

New Dealer, New VIN, and delivery date for Blue/blue/black, Premium;

Sunland Ford (great dealership)
VIN# 1FAHP60A32Y114370
Del. Date 4/14/02 (maybe)

Originally posted by jodrod:
2/9/02 Changed the name to be more descriptive.

I am not affiliated with Ford Motor Company, all the data I gather comes from individuals with an interest in the new Thunderbird.

The files will be updated on a regular basis depending on the amount of data received since the last update.

For the new people on the board, I have been collecting data on all the Birds that I can, so if you have any of the below information on your car, I would appreciate receiving it.

The plots that I post on the Yahoo group site, thenewtbirddata have estimates on build/ETA/delivery dates along with a model breakdown. Due to the limited data that I have, I feel that the estimations may be optimistic, however it will give you a rough idea of build/ETA/delivery dates. As more data is gathered the better the fits will be. For this reason I would appreciate as many build dates/ETA's/delivery dates that I can get. Keep in mind that these are estimates and should not be taken as absolute.

The plots are located in both the files section (.jpg extension) and the photo section. The data is located in the files section in the 2002 TBird Data Files folder.

You can post your info here or email it to me at the below address. If you email me the data your email name will be used as the owner. When submiting data please include as much as possible of the following:

Your full 17 digit VIN, build week, ETA, delivery date, destination (where it is being delivered to, not necessarily where you live) exterior color, top color, model (premium or deluxe), interior color (full, partial, accent or standard), your name if you want it included and any remarks.

We have also found that the build rotation/sequence number is on one of the VIN stickers located on the fenders (front, rear, left and right), hood, trunk, and the doors (there may be more locations that I am currently not aware of). The rotation/sequence number is the actual order of production. It will be a four digit number above the VIN on one of the stickers. If you have a high VIN and low rotation number, add 9960 to the rotation number to find the actual production number of the car. Example: my VIN is 2532 but the rotation number is 2167, indicating that my car was the 2167th 2002 Thunderbird built or VIN 10619 has rotation # 0160 so it was the 10120th car built (160+9960=10120).

Also if you could include your position in the dealer allocation (# of #) it would be useful in giving people who have not received a VIN an idea of when they might.

The usual sequence for vehicle order status is as follows:

(1) clean/unscheduled (2) submitted to plant (3) scheduled (4) locked in (no changes to order allowed) (5) bucked (implies that production of the vehicle has commenced) (6) produced (7) released from plant (8) assignment of a railcar or released to convoy (9) arrived at ramp (rail yard or distribution center near delivery site) (10) if not assigned in step 8, released to convoy.

Thanx,

jodrod,
We exchanged emails earlier today, but here is complete data I have so far:

Vin 1FAHP60A62Y115688
Inspiration Yellow
White Top
Full Interior
Premium model
Dealer had 2 T-bird allocation, I'm car #2.
Dealer advised deliver 4-6 weeks as of 3/28.
Dealer ordered on 1/29/01
Placed deposit, and received dealer/retail
order invoice. Assume retail price.

Hope this is all the data you need. pkboyd

I may be a bit premature but I saw it come off the truck today at the dealership. Still has to be preped for delivery, Lo-Jac installed and Rust proofed but I expect to take delivery at 6:00pm on Monday 4/1/2002.

Vin 1FAHP60A12Y114304
Thunderbird Blue
Matching Top
Full Blue Interior
Premium model
Dealer had 17 T-bird allocation, I'm car #10.
Dealer advised didn't have a clue when I might receive the car. Dave Davis set me up for a tour as it finished going down the line on 3/25/2002, but the line stopped 4 cars before mine was finished so it rolled off abot 6:30am on 3/26/02.
Dealer ordered on 2/23/01
I was given a Build Date of 3/25/2002 on 3/4/02 and an ETA of the week of 4/1/2002.
Placed deposit, and received dealer/retail
order invoice. Retial plus $3,000 price.

Can't wait to actually get to driveit.

-

spartacus,

Is the interior accent or standard and where is it going to.

pkboyd,

Just missing one piece of data, the big one, I'm sure I'll get that when you do.

Thanx

Jodrod - picked up 1FAHP60A62Y110376 3 weeks ago in CA. You have it in your data already but, it lives in Seattle now
smile.gif

Just got new info today that my car (Vin 1FAHP60A12Y113878)had arrived 3/28 at the ramp. Yesterday, the VOPC message was shipped via rail (same since 3/25). There must be more frequent, automatic updates being made to the VOPC system now.

With any luck, I should have it by the end of next week? That is one week ahead of ETA.

------------------
Chuck

Pick up my 4th Bird today. Vin 1fahp60a72y113142. Yellow w/yellow top. Partial acc pakage. Premium. They are all for sale. I have 2Red 1Black 1Yellow. All have hardtops and have less than 25 miles.Reach me at gene@tusco.net Iam in OHIO

The interior is standard.

Being delivered to Sunland Ford, Victorville CA

#5 in their allocation of ten.

Originally posted by RTBRD_aka_jodrod:
spartacus,

Is the interior accent or standard and where is it going to.

pkboyd,

Just missing one piece of data, the big one, I'm sure I'll get that when you do.

Thanx

RTBRD

I received my car on 3/26/02
The car was ordered in my name on 5/25/02
I was 4 of 9.
4 & 5 of 9 were rec. by the dealer on 3/26/02
Dealer code is F47006
Vin 1FAHP60A32Y113896, build sequence 4746
The Bird was completed about 9 am on 3/22/02
Blue/Blue - Full accent - Premium

My wife & I toured Wixom on 3/21/02. At 11 am
we saw the soft top being installed in the shell of our car. Since the line shuts down at 2:30 there was not enough time for the car to be completed that day.

I washed & polished my Bird this weekend. The fit and finish are perfect.

Mike - West Chester, Ohio

------------------

first, caneh hasn't been able to keep the board updated with figures from my local dealer lately because of lack of an at home PC but he has filled me in on a couple of VIN#s so here goes:
1 - ...12Y115291 - blu/blu/partial blu interior (hope that is correct on the color) - that vin is a week or 2 old.

2 - and the latest just in!! #12 of 26 is
...52Y116217 to be built week of April 15 - it's yellow/yellow/full yellow. Will belong to friends of ours who have a yellow 55.
both cars are being delivered to Texas.

#16 came in out of order (that vin is already accounted for) so that just leaves 4 more VINs to go before they get to ours!
smile.gif
(I can still smile
smile.gif

frown.gif
bad news though - caneh says Ford is jacking the msrp again - will have to watch their site for when that shows up. Ford made the announcement to dealers last week.

Today's VOPC update on Vin 1FAHP60A12Y113878: after being announced "at the ramp" earlier, now it says as of 3/28 it has been shipped via rail??!!??

That is the status reported before the "on ramp" condition was reported.

confused.gif

------------------
Chuck

VIN 1FAHP60A12Y114304 WAS DELIVERED TO ITS NEW OWNER LAST NIGHT AT 6:30PM

MSRP on the sticker was $40,245 even though the purchase agreement was for $39,795 (plus $3K) on 2/23/01. dealer honored the purchase agreement after minor disagreement.

Still looking for an all weather car cover for on-the-road protection. Dealer quoted $269.00 for Ford item 2W6Z19A412-DA. I thought I had seen a posting for this item at $99.00-$129.00 Any thoughts or suggestions?

RTBRD aka JODROD - I received my blue/blue top/full blue interior, vin#1FAHP60A92Y113482 on Thursday, 3/28, at MSRP, with 5.5 on odometer. I was very fortunate to purchase this vehicle. Original buyer cancelled out and the dealer started calling buyers on his list who ordered the exact same vehicle, and I was the 1st one they were able to contact. This vehicle was the dealer's 23rd of 52, and I was #51 on their list. I was so LUCKY to be home when they called. I originally placed my order on 2/20/01.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back