Windows don‘t work, instrument cluster no illumination

carlimann
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Ì´ve posted my problem some time ago, but didˋnt really solve the problem yet. Both windows of my 2002 Bird don‘t go up or down. The illumination of the instrument cluster is without function, same as the illumination of the indicator of the shifter. Everything else works. I checked the switches of the windows. There is no electric signal coming to them. When giving a 12v signal directly from the battery to the switch, the windows work.
Has anybody got idea? Thanks!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

My 2002 developed the problem with the dash instruments and shifter indicator light problem. I had my FEM pulled by the local dealer (Reynols Ford of Norman, OK) and shipped to ecmtogo.com. Once they got the module, they ran a diagnostic test and determined that the #1 pin was the problem. They also told me that they could not fix it. The part number for my original FEM is 1W6T 13B525 AH. The dealer told me that they could get another, but that it did not have the same part number, as that part was no longer available. I authorized the installation of the new module, and it worked perfectly. The new part is numbered 1W6Z 14B205 AA. The dealer had to flash the module with the original FEM program , but it worked. The cost was $900 total, and I was glad to pay it as my car is fixed. ECM To Go was a complete bust.

Happy days!

I wonder how soon these lovely cars will be useless because of the obsolete electronics? Such a waste! That mechanical wonders are rendered to pieces of junk because of digital/electronic lack of foresight.

Back