transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

benclary,

Cars built between 11-18-02 and 5-17-03 had a problem with the transmission shift points that was solved with a computer chip re-flash but I think that was for harsh shifting. Its the same engine & tranny as the LS so the only difference should be the time of manufacture and type (select shift or not). The owners manual recommends having the dealer check the transmission fluid level if the transmission "slips or shifts slowly." They don't have a dipstick so you cant check this yourself. Do you have a 02, 03 or 04?

My 2003 red/partial red int was purchased in May 03. My friend who owns the dealership let his wife drive it for a couple of months (about 600 miles). It now has 1850 miles. When I first complained of the hesitant shift, they (dealer) replaced the select shift mechanism. That didn't do much. I had the car in for polyseal and to replace the instrument cluster. When you pulled the key out of the ignition the electric tilt ant telescope pulled the wheel in so far that the turn signal lever (flasher) contacted the dash ehough to flash the headlights. At the same time the autolight quit working. They reflashed the ECM and it seems to have helped. But I haven't driven it since I brought it home in the traffic. It started raining that night and has not quit. Our car has never seen rain. When the streets dry up, I will put her through her paces and report back. It has also been recommended to me to use synthetic oil on cars that don't get a lot of miles and the interval between oil changes can be a year or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back