T-Bird Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kcheif

Last seen
After reading some of the other postings, I took my 2003 t-bird to the dealer to check on a computer error on the ignition coil which I understand to be covered under a factory warranty.

I dropped the vehicle off at 8:00 a.m. After returning home I received a call shortly thereafter, from the service advisor that someone in their service lot had pulled out/in to a parking slot and torn off the rear bumper of my t-bird.

I want all owners in Colorado to not service their vehicle at this dealership, as the same thing had happened to my son when he took his Ford Bronco to this dealership. They are O'Meara Ford on 104th Avenue, in Northglenn, Co. Does anyone have an e-mail address that I can report this to Ford Motor Company.

My biggest concern is that when I went up to inspect the vehicle, they had already removed it to their body shop. Is there any points I need to inspect to be assured their body shop did a thorough job and replaced the bumper, (not just repaired it).

Sorry about venting on the dealership but I think all Colorado T-bird owners should be aware. Also from now on I will take my Warranty work to Brighton Ford.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Thats a shame!

After they fix it PERFECT I would ask for extra cash to compensate you for diminished value of the car. Even if this doesn't show up on CarFax someone will be able to tell it's been repaired and it may be a deal killer come time to sell.

Your insurance man may be able to tell you how much a once wrecked Tbird is worth compared to one that hasn't been (that is if there really is a difference). It may not really diminish the value but I'd ask the dealer for money just the same.

Here's Ford Customer Service contact info but I doubt they will be able to help as dealers are independent owners and Ford has little direct control over them. http://www.fordvehicles.com/help/contact/

kchief:
That's excellant advise from Quickdraw....I hope they gave you a rental on their dime too.
If they do not give extra cash. Tell them that since the bumper will look brand new, they should at least detail the rest of the car so it all shines the same.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back