Supplemental Parking Lamp Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
C
Has anyone installed, themselves, the supplemental parking lamps with corresponding wiring harness? I have the parts ordered and they are arriving in two days. The dealer explains that there is no "kit" for this installation and further explains that putting them in could void your vehicle warranty should electrical damage occur??? From all that I have read on the net, the installation is as simple as putting the lamps in, connecting the Ford wiring harness to the lamps and then hook the harness to the existing pluggin already on the car. If that is the case, how could electrical damage occur to the car unless other parts to handle the additional load/current need to be installed as well? I emailed and called Ford at their headquarters but no additional information was given. Any help/information to feel comfortable installing the lamps would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Joe

supplemental park lamps

Simple installation. Remove top panel under hood in front of radiator for access. Nw harness plugs in place of old parking lamp harness that crosses over from left to right. New harness has receptacles for the two new lamps. Push out fake looking plastic bullets; plug in new lamps and screw into place with one screw. That's it. The hardest part is feeding the new harness from left to right. I fed it throught the square tube that serves as the actual bumper behind the plastic trim. There are openings in the tubing for the harness connections for the new lamps. An easier way would be to run the harness along the top of the tube and secure with wire ties.

Thanks so much for the information Charlie! Without the shop manuals yet for my bird along with the poor visibility of the wiring harness, your reply was of great help. Lamps are in and functioning perfectly! On long trips I simply remove the lamps with two screws, tuck the harness sockets within the steel frame and reinsert the plastic hole covers thus saving the potential lamp damage on the highway(all of approximately 5 minutes). Thanks again, Joe

supplemental lites

Does anyone have any blank out plates they don't need? (The plastic ones used in place of the driving lights)
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back