Spottings by redbird Part II (thanks redbird)

Status
Not open for further replies.
traveler,

T-bird 23492 finally made it down the line today, should ship tomorrow.

That's about it for 23000s, Should be seeing 24000s next week.

-

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Redbird!!!!!

WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!! *happy dances around the room* Thanks!!! That's about the best news I've had in....oh, about 15 months!!!!!
*huge grins*

redbird,

How many TBIRD shifts is the assembly line running? 1,2 or 3?
HKS

Originally posted by redbird:
Thanks, I know people can be desperate for any info on their t-birds. Is anybody else waiting for a new t-bird that's on order? I'm down to only HKS on my list now.

excuse my ignorance, but i'm new to the list and i'm picking up our tbird (black premium) thursday. how does one tell what number there car is, and which plant are they being made in? sorry for the dumb questions, but like everyone else with the new toy, the more trivia one can clog their minds with the better.

------------------
Gary L Henkel

HKS, the T-bird assembly area runs one shift, 5 days a week. They're currently building about 500 birds a week.

redbird
That computes. You said they are working on the 24000 series now. Since mine is 24737 it would mean next week starting August 12 may be the week for mine to be built.

HKS

redbird,

Are the 24,000 series Tbirds going down the line yet?

What are the rotation numbers you are seeing?

HKS

i posted the info in the registry, didn't see any pop up window giving me the order, and i still don't see my car in the registry. my dealer has a piece of masking tape on my owners manual saying 22375, i'm assuming that's the number.

------------------
Gary L Henkel

redbird

My Blue Tbird is scheduled to go down the line this week. I hope you are not on vacation. 24737

Thanks for all your past help.

HKS

HKS, the T-bird assembly area runs one shift, 5 days a week. They're currently building about 500 birds a week.

-

HKS, I can't help with your particular VIN, but on a tour of the Wixom plant today, a car I saw rolling off the end of the line had a number ending in 24434. The highest number I saw on the fit and finish line was 24499. We were told by an inside source that production will not stop with 25K units, but they will continue building 2002's right up to the model changover in November. Their current estimate for total 2002 production is 28K.

Originally posted by tr cruiser:
We were told by an inside source that production will not stop with 25K units, but they will continue building 2002's right up to the model changover in November. Their current estimate for total 2002 production is 28K.

Wow, that is at least 1 unit extra per dealer!

TR cruiser

Thanks for the heads up on the vin numbers. I don't need a Monday car(hangovers)and maybe today (13th) is not a good day either. A Wednesday car would be good.

HKS

Originally posted by tr cruiser:
HKS, I can't help with your particular VIN, but on a tour of the Wixom plant today, a car I saw rolling off the end of the line had a number ending in 24434. The highest number I saw on the fit and finish line was 24499. We were told by an inside source that production will not stop with 25K units, but they will continue building 2002's right up to the model changover in November. Their current estimate for total 2002 production is 28K.

-

redbird

My high VIN number in combination with the August 12 week build date must have caused some problems. Rumors of building 30,000 instead of 25,000 Tbirds did not help much.

Checked the computer Thursday and Friday evening. The computer still says it is sheduled to be built the week of August 12.

The work week of August 12 is over. Now what do I believe? Maybe some e-mail might clarify things.

HKS

HKS,

The computer has been pretty accurate, your bird is probably built, maybe too late in the week for the computer update. I'm not able to check on t-birds being built at this time, although I should be able to tell you something before your bird reaches Nebraska in about two weeks.

redbird,
Called the computer today. Computer said my Tbird was shipped by convoy carrier on August 17 (Saturday). They must update the computer more often than Thursday.

HKS

HKS,

The computer has been pretty accurate, your bird is probably built, maybe too late in the week for the computer update. I'm not able to check on t-birds being built at this time, although I should be able to tell you something before your bird reaches Nebraska in about two weeks.

HKS-

You must be out of control excited. I've been following your postings while you've been waiting. Good luck with your new bird!

------------------
PK- Blue/Full Blue/Blue Top #16336

I am very pleased with the car.

Now I need to decide if I should have the hood re-painted. There is a small nick on top (drivers side middle)of the hood. Metal is showing. It happened at the factory. Looks like someone droped a screwdriver on it.

I am thinking of having the dealer put touch up paint on the nick so I can drive it home.

Does anyone know if Ford would ship a new hood, painted, or if they would ship it unpainted?

HKS

Originally posted by FUN X 3:
HKS-

You must be out of control excited. I've been following your postings while you've been waiting. Good luck with your new bird!

-

-

Originally posted by HKS:
I am very pleased with the car.

Now I need to decide if I should have the hood re-painted. There is a small nick on top (drivers side middle)of the hood. Metal is showing. It happened at the factory. Looks like someone droped a screwdriver on it.

I am thinking of having the dealer put touch up paint on the nick so I can drive it home.

Does anyone know if Ford would ship a new hood, painted, or if they would ship it unpainted?

HKS

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back