Spottings by redbird Part II (thanks redbird)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tbird

tbird

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I think we can all say, thanks so much for the information you provide to eager future Thunderbird owners. Your participation is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Redbird!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Thanks, I know people can be desperate for any info on their t-birds. Is anybody else waiting for a new t-bird that's on order? I'm down to only HKS on my list now.

Redbird
I am still hanging in waiting for #22976. I'm guessing either next week or the following week to start down the line. What's your estimate?

Tbirdman

Redbird, Where were you when I was waiting for 101396. LOL. Yes you have been a great provider of information for those in waiting.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Redbird: Your post above says you are down to HKS, is anybody else waiting? I am, but I think you need a VIN number to check it.
If you can check it with a dealer code and order number, please let me know and I'll pass it on to you. It's been 15 long months so far.
I've watched what you have done for others in the past and think it's great that you are willing to follow through for them. If you cannot help without a VIN I will understand and will let you know as soon as I get one. Thanks,
George

Lon, I was here when you were waiting but was not able to check the numbers way back then.

George, all 2002 orders should have a VIN. If your dealer is no help, talk to the computer at 800 962-3746. Model is P60 and skip the F in the dealer code.

Tundrabird, see my last post on original topic!

-

George, all 2002 orders should have a VIN. If your dealer is no help, talk to the computer at 800 962-3746. Model is P60 and skip the F in the dealer code.

REDBIRD - Thanks for the response. I have checked that phone number every week and still get "clean and unscheduled". Spoke to dealer yesterday and he said Eastern Regional Manager claims that it will be serialized and it will be a 2002.
Maybe they're giving me the all american runaround.
I did speak with another dealer who says he has one left on order, with no takers, and it too is clean and unscheduled. Hmmmm.
Thanks much anyway and lets stay connected,
George

Looks like I spoke too soon, at the current production rate, VIN #25000 will be built by the end of August, however a few VIN numbers have been skipped. Your's can't be too far away.

-

Hello redbird
Your responses on this forum help me keep my sanity.
I will be checking in during the August 19 date for my 24737. It would be nice to know that I have an early rotation number. But who knows I may get the last 2002 built.

I enjoy reading your replys to lucky future Tbird owners.

HKS

Originally posted by redbird:
Thanks, I know people can be desperate for any info on their t-birds. Is anybody else waiting for a new t-bird that's on order? I'm down to only HKS on my list now.

I'm new here. Just ordered mine about 3 months ago. Can I get my VIN from the dealer? What info do I need to get from my dealer in order to find out how much longer for the bird?
My dealer seams pretty clueless, as am I.

Tbirdman,

Your 22976 started down the line this afternoon, will finish tomorrow and be on it's way.

jgaffney,

The dealer should check to see if you have a VIN for your order or read post #6 & 7 above for getting VIN info.

Hello redbird
Last time I called Ford about a build date, I talked to a live person who told me my build date was August 12 and had been changed to August 19. This was due to some order revision and that was about 2 weeks ago.

I called 800-962-3746 and talked to the computer. Gave dealer code and VIN number and was told my build date was August 12.
Should I believe the computer? It sure would be nice to have the Tbird delivered for our 36th Weding aniversary on September 10. My wife says it is the 10th. I always thought it was September 11. I think she is right.
VIN 24737
HKS

P.S.
Now I hope the robots do a good job of purging the paint before they paint my blue one.

When I get black coffee out of the machine after someone got coffee with cream, my coffe always has some white in it. Maybe my blue will be the second or third after the purge.

Just kidding.

-

I think someone said the computer is updated on Thursday so call Friday for updated status. Don't worry, the robots know what they are doing, colors are computer checked for accuracy.

redbird

Today I called a human operator and I was told that 24737 will be built between August 12 and August 19. That is better then saying the week of August 19.

So, there may be a chance of 24737 going down the line on August 12 or the next day.

HKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back