smell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw your post. About time.
I first asked about the smell of something burning when the accelerator was pressed hard
while we were still at Blue Oval last Oct.
No oil leaks, and no improvement in the odor,
and no ideas that seem reasonable to me.
Will take my service writer for a ride and get it written up. I did let Ford know about it when they called the first and only time to inquire about the car.

-

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I'm glad that all of you are finally hearing me.
This is for gestes.(if I understand you correctly))
You've had this smell for 8 months?
How many miles are on your car?
You are going to put this on the record soon?
Please let me know of your progress
Jim

I STILL HAVE THE CAT. ROTTEN SMELL WHEN I PUNCH IT AT 5800 MILES. LAST OIL CHANGE, 3000 MILES, I COMPLAINED AND THEY SAID THEY TIGHENED UP THE COWL. THAT SEEMED TO HELP A SMALL AMOUNT. 02TBIRD

I've heard through the graprvine that Ford isn't happy with me- now there's a shocker, why should they be?
Here we have an admitted problem, one, apparantly, that several of you have also had, and nothing is being done to remedy it. Some of you have said that this smell has gone away and then a couple of you have said that you still have the smell even after Ford's recommended 5K miles.I've been vocal that this smell shouldn't be there at all and, in the least, that Ford should attempt to fix this and not blow away the customer by telling him just to drive the car. If Ford's mad at me for trying to enlist all of you to rid the T Bird of this problem, so be it, but I'll tell you, if all of you put up with this, it will be other things in the future.
JRL

JRL, Think I know where you are coming from. I have done the same thing with the hard top problem on the paint and since I started complaining about it on here my dealer has not given me any new Vin numbers for their cars coming in and my salesman said he would give me all of them as they came in. Have not heard anything from the dealer in months.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back