More HP for free

Status
Not open for further replies.
T
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Want more HP for free? Ok, let the engine have more air. The air filter has a bad restiction. The snorkel air inlets are way to small.
Remove the filter assembly and snap off the snorkel. Ya it just's pulls off. Result, More air.

K and N wants $300 for thier so call cold air intake. They allso claim about 12 HP I think.

You can just add a small peice of plastic to move the hot Rad. air away from the filter.

Want more? On top of the engine is a black plastic cover. the one with the bird on it. Well take it off!
It's just keeping heat in the intale manifold.

Now go for a ride. you will love the sound and the performance. Cost? zillch 0 nothing free. :D

The Flash

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

where on the air cleaner duct is the piece that needs to be removed to increase the inducted airflow?

Look down behind the left head light, between the air filter box and the plastic shelf (cowl)that covers the radiator and runs from fender to fender.
You will see the fresh air intake (snorkel). You can see the one next to the Radiator and there is another opening at the innerwheel-well

You must remove the air filter assembly (air box).

Remove the front plastic self (cowl) held on with 7 plastic screws. It will give you more room to lift the air box assembly out.
Whenyou lift the air box assembly out, under it there is a small rubber grommet that secures the air box to lower fender. It should stay in place. But, dont lose it.

On that plastic air box is the snorkel, also plastic. It has two small fresh air inlets. Restricting the air to the filter and engine.

On my 03 model the fresh air snorkel just snaps on to the airfilter assembly's air box. Just snap it off. It can be snaped back on too.
That' it.
The Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back