I looked at a new 2005 T-bird and the AC was bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went and looked at a brand new 2005 T-bird this weekend. The AC did not work, it would only blow hot air. The car was had every option. Drove great and looked great. However, I am worried about the AC not working.

Of course the dealer said they would fix it, but by fix it, if the only put freon in it then that may leak out. IMO, if there is no freon, then there must be a leak and something needs to be fixed..

Is this a good reason to pass on this car to avoid a possiable lemon? Anyone have problems with the AC?

thanks,
Mike

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

AC Problem

I had a problem with the AC in my 2002. The problem was the doors in the system that modulate the hot and cold air were stuck in the hot position. At times I would get hot air out of the driver's side and cold air out of the passengers side.... regardless of how the controls were set. Working the system regularly seems to have cleard the problem .... without help from any serviceman. Got the info from my dealer who indicated that they'd have to take the dash apart, and would prefer not to do that.

Jim :rolleyes:

ac not working

mikez50 i would not by it i would look at another one.i have a 2003 runs great but i had to take mine back to the dealer about 15 times for different things.the latest is the windows.the passenger window doesnt want to go up sometimes.i have taken to the dealer about seven times for the windows they called in an engenier in and they still dont work right .it still acts up and now my light in my button for the heated seats is going on and off now.i love my car but its the worst car i ever bought for things needing to be fixed for being a new car it only has 15thousand miles on it i drive it back and forth to work every day i am just glad i got extwarrenty people that only drive there car a few times a year are in for a surprise when there warrenty runs out i think i should have waited awhile and i would have gotten the 2006 cobra good luck if you by it dennis.w

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back