How to change a coil pack

Need to change out a coil pack , are they under the valve covers?

Thanks Gene
There is a cover bolted on the valve cover. Removing the 7mm bolts can be a challenge. While doing the job I dropped and lost my socket so having an extra socket is recommened. My 1/4 inch socket set made it easier compared to a 3/8 inch set for the covers. The covers were removed before and not all the bolts were replaced which made it easier for me. The covers only give you access to the plugs and coils and do not need to be sealed to keep oil from leaking.

Just go one step at a time and you'll easily find your way through. It's a good warning about getting to the bolts on the covers. There are only a few that are "bad", but they are surely hard to get to and make the going "slow". Harbor Freight has a set of wrenches that are shaped like a human leg, bent at the knee (obviously I don't know what they are called, but it sped things up considerably.
I guess it makes sense to do them all since you'll be in there. I've replaced 5. Two at one time and the other 3 at different times.
I really enjoy working on these cars, it has enhanced my appreciation for the concept, design, engineering and execution on them.

Back