1. Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here.

Click the "X" to the right to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Santa has some Thunderbird Christmas gift ideas in this thread.

Dismiss Notice

Help needed Front Electronic Module

Discussion in '2002 - 2005 Ford Thunderbird' started by Gus Gutz, Oct 3, 2017.

1. My lights went off and my drivers window would not go down. The radio would not turn off when the door was opened and the windows do not drop. this happened twice in two days.

I am sure it is the front electronic module. Anyone know what to do and where to take it?

2. Many might disagree, but your best service is at your local Ford dealer. Yea I know the hourly rate is up there but they know what to do and you'll get fluids topped off and a good inspection of the Bird to alert you of potential future issues.

3. i went to the Ford dealer. we will see

4. You can have your FEM rebuilt by these professionals:

http://www.automotivemodules.com/Thunderbird.html

5. Hi,
    I have a 2002 T Bird and have the same problem. I went away for three weeks and when I came back my car had all of the above. In addition, the oil light is on. The oil is full and there were no leaks, so my husband (who is going to take care of this) wants to know, is this meaningful? Can the car still be driven to the repair shop (we live on an island!) Any one know? Thanks.

6. I had the oil light problem. When it first happened I went and had an oil change. The module was available from the Ford dealer and I did get to keep the old one. I guess they can be rebuilt. I drove it to work one morning and the lights turned off before I turned off the car. The top would not operate, the drivers window would not work or drop. Even the radio would not shut off after I turned the car off. I unhooked the battery for the day. I took it to the Ford dealer on the way home and they said there were no codes. After replacing the module , I have not noticed anything yet.

I was able to drive the car, but check to make sure you have functioning tail lights.

7. Thanks, Gus, we'll check for tail lights.

Help us by sharing/liking this page below and G+1!

Shop Amazon.comPlease shop Amazon.com using this link to support the forum!