Hardtop Hoists

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

ok, does anyone have any experience with these lifts? obviously topcaplift is the most economical, but is there a reason to be suspicious of the quality?

------------------
neiman vin#00035
delivered October 4, 2001

If you have the time to run thru old threads, you might find some who have bought the topcaplift. Noone's complained yet about any of the brands they've bought.

Originally posted by rlstonejr:
ok, does anyone have any experience with these lifts? obviously topcaplift is the most economical, but is there a reason to be suspicious of the quality?

I have the Topcaplift. I am happy with it. It would be difficult for me to compare the differences without actually finding someone with an EZ Lift and using that to take my top off.

I think I can safely say that quality isn't an issue. The only potential issue is ease of use. Takes me about 15 minutes to do both things, take it off, or put it on. Honestly a good deal of that time is getting the car in the proprer position. This would be the same issue regardless of lift used. If I was going to do it once a week or so, I would figure that one out. I doubt I will do it more than once a quarter, so it isn't an issue. I can get into specific details if you want to send me an e mail.
Dean

I agree that quality is not the question. I have the TopLift also. I think the main differences are the pick points of the different lifts. TopLift picks front and back with straps around the locking pins also. My only concern is will it cause an indension in the seal at the rear pick point.

The EZlift I think picks on the head liner inside the top and holds down on the front part of the outer surface of the top. The concern there is does the pick point cause indensions in the head liner.

I do not know how the other one picks.

------------------
Bill's Red and White #4359
Tag # 15AGAIN

I have the E-Z top system, and I absolutely love it! I got the electric version, and it operates beautifully.

Right now, my only complaint is that as Bill correctly stated, this system's lift point is the interior headliner, and I'm experiencing the liner pulling away from the hardtop just ahead of the driver's side porthole base. According to Emil at E-Z top, I'm the only customer that has reported this to him and he's quite upset about my problem. He's offered to refund my money, but I don't want to give up my hoist. It is quite possible that my headliner clips are defective, but I'll worry about that when I put the hardtop back onto the car in a few weeks.

KB

thanks for the input. based on pricing and no complaints I am going to order the topcaplift.

------------------
neiman vin#00035

Received E-ZTOP electric today...installed in 3 hours (with only one twisted-off lag screw). Now the issue: top is on the storage cart.

Has anyone picked up the top from the storage cart with the lift?

------------------
Chuck

I also have the E Z top and it works great,with the exception of the headliner problem mentioned by 02 bird.Once the top is back in place the headliner is easily re-adjusted.

having the Extop lift, I also have the headliner pulling on one side. Looking in the space, i see two metal clips that hold the liner in place. I am going to try and pry those clips apart farther and see if they will hold better. If they hold the liner in, I'll get back here and post it. John

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

John,

I just re-installed my hardtop last Sunday, and tried your idea of expanding the clips already. It didn't really work all that well. Won't know if the clips will hold 'til the next time I hoist the top off the car. The headliner usually pops as soon as I lift the top off. If things start to squeek or rattle it's off to the dealership for new clips!

PLEASE!!! Those of you that are experiencing this problem, call Emil at EZ top. The last time I spoke with him (about 2 weeks ago) he said that I was the ONLY customer having this problem. I already knew that there was someone else from this board that had the problem, but I guess they never called about it.

If anyone discovers a "fix" for this, please e-mail me.

Thanks,

KB

-

KB, I will get an E-Mail off to Emil at EZ top today. After looking closely at the lift, I think if the holders on the inside were about an inch or two farther inward, we might solve the problem, or at least I hope so. John

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

To2bird, I will keep an eye on that clip thing. I just installed mine and am impressed so far, but will keep my eyes on any problems. Thanks for the heads up. Joy

Those of you with the EZtop, have any of you solved the problem with the liner? Have you sopken to EZtop for a resolution?

Whats the latest?

4.67 beers/hour?
biggrin.gif

------------------
neiman vin#00035

Dot, I know I have it but I will have to look for it.Get back to you on this.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

TOPCAT's address is:
JMS 28220 Ave Crocker #406
Valencia, California, 91355
Phone 800 760 2853
Fax 661 294 3933