Engine cranks but does not start !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

captrick

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I started the car and let it warm up and went and got gas and found the right tail light wasn't working. I replaced the bulb and now the engine won't start. The engine cranks and I can here the fuel pump coming on and reset the fuel pimp switch any way. I think I have an ignition problem, could it be the crank or cam sensors ? Send Help I can't move the car it is blocking my other cars in the garage!!!!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Engine won't start

I replaced the ignition sensor on the flywheel and have to wait for it to not start again. If that works by disconnecting the battery I might install a battery switch on the battery so as not to carry tools with me. Thanks Rick

Most likely if the engine is rolling over and is trying to start but wont it is possible that it is the fuel pump or the fuse for the pump or the relay check those last 2 first. If that isnt it gonna There is a tool that can check if there is pressure in the line to see if it is pumping, or you could disconnect the fuel injector bar and turn the key and see if gas comes out, or you could turn the key and listen usually you can here if the fuel pump kicks on.

Engine Starting

I think I found the problem, moisture got into the crank sensor on the back of the motor by the flywheel. I changed the sensor and haven't had a problem since about 2 months now. Thanks Rick

hot rod

I have been working on a hot rod project and put an 05 drive train in it. I am down to trying to start it. I am not getting any output signal from the computer for the injecters. I have spark, power at injecters, everything else is ready to go. any ideas?

Won't start

Ford had a recall on the coil packs you might want to start there, if not check the fuel pressure at the fuel rail in the back of the motor. Other then that try contacting a good repair shop and see if they might have suggestions to help you.

Next step

Thanks for your input. Sorry it took so long to respond. After consulting several sources I now believe that I need to have the ECM programmed to remove the PATS and a few other things. I have not completed checking on how much is involved with that because it is the weekend and everybody seems to be closed. Everything seems to be wired correctly, we have crank and cam shaft signals, spark, power at the injecters, but no injecter ground coming out of the ECM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back