1. Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here.

Click the "X" to the right to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

E Code - do I need a new transmission?

Discussion in '2002 - 2005 Ford Thunderbird' started by John Hayman, Apr 2, 2017.

1. My new for two weeks 2003 has an e code and a bad tyranny. Help me, as the dealer said I bought as is. What is the repair on this

2. tbird

tbird Super Moderator Staff Member

3. Thank you for your help. I will keep you updated.

4. My local Ford dealer says I need a new transmission. Do I? I have read many posts about the E code, but none that really sounded like the perfect answer. I hate to unnecessarily pour money into a car that I just purchased.

5. I went to the Ford dealer who suggested a $4000 rebuilt transmission. Today I went to Vernon's Transmission and he thinks he can correct the problem for $800. What do you all think?

6. Well, today I dropped off and later picked up my car from Vernon's Transmission. He replaced the solonoid and valve (updated to steel valve from aluminum). Made it all the way home without the E code. Yeah!

7. A performance/durability upgraded version of the 5R55S transmission can be bought for $3500 from multiple sources. Why would you put a stock transmission back in your car?

John Hayman likes this.
  8. Thanks for the advice. So far, the $750 repair is doing well.

sfosvc1 likes this.

Help us by sharing/liking this page below and G+1!

Shop Amazon.comPlease shop Amazon.com using this link to support the forum!