AC Experts- gauge reading interpretation 2002 T Bird

350xfire
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Guys, I was wondering if someone has enough knowledge of AC pressures to tell me what these are telling me? They are both close to the same. I did add almost 1 can but just making sure I'm on the right path...

Thanks
AC Gauges.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Guys, I was wondering if someone has enough knowledge of AC pressures to tell me what these are telling me? They are both close to the same. I did add almost 1 can but just making sure I'm on the right path...

Thanks

Is this Static pressures? Do you have the car running and A/C on? The newer automotive A/C systems are very fussy as to the amount of Freon needed. Check the tag in the engine compartment. The only way to really know how much is in it, is to vacuum it down and refill with the correct measured amount.
Maybe this will help.

Last edited:
A heads up, you can insert your attachments as a full sized image into your post. I've done this for you.
Screenshot_20200509-083729_Chrome.jpg

Does the Red gauge pressure rise if the engine is revved? Be sure the compressor clutch engaged when the A/C is on. This could be difficult to confirm given the placement of the compressor. The safety switches on the system may keep the compressor clutch from engaging if the Freon is low to protect the compressor from damage. Temporarily jumping the A/C relay in the forward power distribution box will allow checking the compressor operation and the addition of more Freon. As Anthony also stated, it is recommended to evacuate the system, check for leaks, then refill.

Yes ..... My bad....... If the compressor does not kick on you may need to jump the relay to get a proper reading. Dont run it too long. If it draws in Freon the compressor will kick on by itself when you re-connect the relay. But Again You really need to take it to a professional .......
These cars are so complicated with a plethora of sensors, computers, networks and modules its very difficult to service them with out the proper diagnostic tools.

Back