2004 window problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dribrednuht

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
my 2004 tbird is having windows problems. when i open the doors the windows no longer drop quick enough and snag on the rag top. sometimes the passenger window actually closes ontop of the rag top. ford dealer houston advises "this is how the windows are designed".
problem started about 4 months after purchase. I would like to know if other 2004 owners are experiencing similar problems.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Over the past 4 years a few have reported that their windows have gone out of ajustment, and were able to bring them back into ajustment.

I suggest you just reset your windows as per the manual. And, for what it's worth, I'd get a new dealer. What they told you is absolute nonsense! Possibly, try a Lincoln dealer

window problems

juss start your car up roll the window down all the way down leave go of the button then hold the button down for about 8 seconds. do the same when you roll it up that should reset them.if that doesnt work good luck with the dealer. i have a 2003 and my passenger side window doesnt even want to go up sometimes. i will roll it down all the way and push the button to roll it up and it will do nothing.i have to turn the car off and turn it back on then the windows wok fine. ford sent an engeneir in to fix the problem put a new module in and went over the wire fittings grounds and the windows still act up.so good luck dennis :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back