2004 paint color used area under spare tire.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Does anyone know what the paint color they used in the trunk area under spare tire. Thanks Wrinky
When you post to the forums you need to summarize what your post is about in the title so people know what your post is about. Obviously "2004 black" is not what your post is about so I will retitle it.model-year.jpg

Does anyone know what the paint color they used in the trunk area under spare tire. Thanks Wrinky
My 2004 merlot trunk area begins at the top with flat merlot and transitions to a flat dull silver color At bottom. My 04 has had no accidents.

My 2004 merlot trunk area begins at the top with flat merlot and transitions to a flat dull silver color At bottom. My 04 has had no accidents.
That’s interesting, on 3 I and family have owned 03 04 05 med blu mnt shadow and ice blu they all were base trunk spare area and underside the ice had incomplete base and the gray primer could be seen in about 1/4 of the middle spare area.

That’s interesting, on 3 I and family have owned 03 04 05 med blu mnt shadow and ice blu they all were base trunk spare area and underside the ice had incomplete base and the gray primer could be seen in about 1/4 of the middle spare area.
Brax, That more accurately describes my trunk area. Beginning at top of spare tire area the Merlot is very flat and diluted. The spare tire bottom transitions into a grey primer type application. It’s almost like they ran out of the primary paint color in the FMC factory paint booth. William Merlot

My Torch Red 03 has good paint to about 1 inch below the tray, then it goes flat and is washed out, like a mist coat of red that doesn't cover light gray primer very well. It is like that throughout the well. More red than gray.

Back