2004 misfire and more

N

number3

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
new to me 2004 18k on the clock , get a misfire on #6 take it to mechanic he swaps ccoils from one side to the other code clears , go for a ride cel and wrench come on take it back to mechanic , code reads accelerator sensor fault , he checks all connections clears code off i go again wrench comes back on and back into limp mode get it back to house shut it down and restart wrench disappears anyone have a clue what could be going on ??? thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

new to me 2004 18k on the clock , get a misfire on #6 take it to mechanic he swaps ccoils from one side to the other code clears , go for a ride cel and wrench come on take it back to mechanic , code reads accelerator sensor fault , he checks all connections clears code off i go again wrench comes back on and back into limp mode get it back to house shut it down and restart wrench disappears anyone have a clue what could be going on ??? thanks
What are the fault codes ? Before and after

What are the fault codes ? Before and after
first code for the misfire was p0306 cylinder 6 misfire the cel stated blinking and when i slowed down it stopped ( did that twice ) the third time it stayed on solid , once we swapped the coils it was fine and did not get another misfire .when i test drove it the after that the cel and the wrench came on i do not have those code but mechanic told me it was accelerator sensor . he checked the connectors to the throttle body and then disconnected the battery everything seemed fine went on another test run and then the wrench came back on and went into limp mode , got it home shoot it off and restarted and the wrench went off . left it in the driveway and here i am broken hearted

It would save you money and really help you out to go purchase a code reader.

ive never used one in my life , where and what brand should i buy that is user friendly ? Thanks
ive never used one in my life , where and what brand should i buy that is user friendly ? Thanks
Get one on Amazon, scan tools, I personally have a Innova scanner which I paid $350 but you can find them from 20 bucks to hundreds of dollars,

the issue isnt buying one its how to use it im not very good with the new technology

thank you the issue i was having seems to be fixed, as far as replying to posts

the issue isnt buying one its how to use it im not very good with the new technology
You have any friends that are capable of using a scanner, yes it isn’t something you pick up overnight

I’m just curious of what codes came up when it goes into limp mode
Another thing is have you checked the air to be sure it’s not wet or anything kind of other restrictions ? A dirty air flow sensor will cause symptoms of what you’re describing

i could get a new sensor and im capable of installing it but would there be some kind of programming needed ?

Another thing is have you checked the air to be sure it’s not wet or anything kind of other restrictions ? A dirty air flow sensor will cause symptoms of what you’re describing
Go to a ford dealership and see if there’s a old timer that was involved with these cars back in the day, catch them when they’re starting their day or when they’re leaving, most tech with a good heart will help you out 😊

Go to a ford dealership and see if there’s a old timer that was involved with these cars back in the day, catch them when they’re starting their day or when they’re leaving, most tech with a good heart will help you out 😊
the only problem is i would have to drive the car there and im not sure it would make it without going limp again . darn technology !

I need to find a dealership that has a good tech working there that knows how to get it done and not throw his hands up and say tough luck !

the only problem is i would have to drive the car there and im not sure it would make it without going limp again . darn technology !
Well you’re running out of ideas, so if you have time and $ to spend you may want to have it towed to a dealership they have all the right equipment to fix it at a price, where do you live by the way ? Just curious

Well you’re running out of ideas, so if you have time and $ to spend you may want to have it towed to a dealership they have all the right equipment to fix it at a price, where do you live by the way ? Just curious
cape cod ma

Back