2004 headlight relay location

rorycrowder

rorycrowder

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Is there an itemized full description of the relays telling what each relay controls and where they are located? The manual just lists relay numbers without giving a complete description... I would also like a wiring diagram that shows the headlight wiring circuit, where it travels and what the color coded wires control. I have a drivers side high beam which is out, I have replaced the bulb, checked the fuse and now know its either a relay or wiring issue.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Is there an itemized full description of the relays telling what each relay controls and where they are located? The manual just lists relay numbers without giving a complete description... I would also like a wiring diagram that shows the headlight wiring circuit, where it travels and what the color coded wires control. I have a drivers side high beam which is out, I have replaced the bulb, checked the fuse and now know its either a relay or wiring issue.
Both the left low and high beam headlamps receive power from fuse #11 in the Central Junction Box. Since you stated that only the left high beam is inoperative, that would tell me that fuse #11 is not the problem. The ground for the headlamps are supplied by the Front Electronic Module. The left high beam ground wire is black/green and comes from terminal #3 of the left headlamp to terminal #17 of the FEM. Since you already replaced the left high beam bulb, the cause of your inoperative high beam headlamp can only be either the high beam power splice inside the left headlamp is open, the black/green ground wire is open or a defective FEM.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Headlamp Circuit.JPG

Back