2003 no power to climate control panel

afhanson72
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Last week I was driving with the AC on full blast. All of a sudden the fan stopped blowing. The AC, recirculate and auto green lights were lit up but I had no control. No buttons would do anything.
I went out of town for 5 days and came home to a dead battery and now no lights on the hvac panel. Everything else works and my battery is less than a year old. I’m not seeing any codes with my OBD reader. I don’t see anything that would suggest the FEM went bad. Is there a separate module for this or did the actual panel just die? Thanks for any suggestions!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

You might start with checking the fuses F2.29 and F2.20 in the fuse box by the passenger foot

Last week I was driving with the AC on full blast. All of a sudden the fan stopped blowing. The AC, recirculate and auto green lights were lit up but I had no control. No buttons would do anything.
I went out of town for 5 days and came home to a dead battery and now no lights on the hvac panel. Everything else works and my battery is less than a year old. I’m not seeing any codes with my OBD reader. I don’t see anything that would suggest the FEM went bad. Is there a separate module for this or did the actual panel just die? Thanks for any suggestions!
You could also try the heater blower resistor, I had similar symptoms and it was that.
Ian

Back