2002 Numerous electronic faults

E
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Greetings and apologies if posted before. I have a 2002 with numerous faults that I assume are the result of rodent carnage. Car was family member who passed and was stored in clean, enclosed garage. When went to start the car, the engine raced to 2500rpm, the transmission indicator read "E", the check engine light came on, and the traction control light was Illuminated. Codes pulled with OBD code reader are as follows:
P0113 Intake air temp sensor circuit high input
P0123 Throttle/pedal position sensor A circuit High Input
P0193 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor A Circuit High Input
P0708 Transmission Range Sensor A Circuit High Input
P1289 Cylinder Head Temp Sensor Circuit High Input

Can anyone advise what these have in common (one or multiple modules involved)?
Also, where is/are the affected module locations?

I have verified rodents have been in the car by the remains of acorns, etc; however, I have not been able to see any visible damage underhood on any wiring.

Car was in perfect running/driving order in November. In January, the issues were noted when I went to start and drive the car.
Doubtful the car can be safely driven at this point, but the throttle will respond. Didn't want to risk engaging the transmission with the idle at 2500rpm.

Any insight is very much appreciated...

R

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Since you are using an OBD code reader, the only module you are communicating with is the PCM. What these codes have in common are: An open circuit in the harness, the sensor signal shorted to power, an improper harness connection or a damaged PCM.

The PCM harness connectors are located behind the cabin air filter housing and the plenum panel. The PCM is located under the dash, behind the glove compartment. Since you have verified rodents have been in the car, I would start by removing the panels under the dash and inspecting the harnesses. I would also remove the cowl vent screen, the cabin air filter housing and the plenum panel to inspect for any visible damage to the PCM wiring.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Back