2002 Fog lights: Amber ?

VolleyballJIM

VolleyballJIM

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
All: I was wondering if you can/or have, change the fog lamps on the bottom to amber. Can you do it "legally" and are there vendors who sell such? Wondered about the installation. . . Thought it would look cool, but want to hear some objective ideas . . . Thank-you!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

All: I was wondering if you can/or have, change the fog lamps on the bottom to amber. Can you do it "legally" and are there vendors who sell such? Wondered about the installation. . . Thought it would look cool, but want to hear some objective ideas . . . Thank-you!
Those lights are consider as running lights and are on every time you turn on either your parking or head lights. They are not fog lights because they are not individually controlled by separate switch.

I think they’d look sort of French. Yay!

I think they look ok but probably like @biddle said not so legal. I have never been stopped in Washington
IMG_20210414_130749238.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Black grill huh, you ARE pushing the envelope :)
C2F07E5F-9287-4B5A-A4EF-BC587234E30B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Those lights are consider as running lights and are on every time you turn on either your parking or head lights. They are not fog lights because they are not individually controlled by separate switch.
Actually, if we want to do the "know it all" game, they are called Supplemental Parking Lamps by Ford Motor Company. These are commonly referred to as "Fog Lamps" even by the aftermarket suppliers. It's really irrelevant what term is used as long as everyone knows what it's being referenced.

Back