2002 Code 1676 (Battery Voltage Out of Range)

T
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have warm air blowing out of the passenger side with ac on. Common issue and lots of post on the topic. Before jumping into replacing the DCCV, I ran the climate control self diagnostic test twice. The only code I'm getting is 16-76 (battery voltage out of normal range to ABS). Additional info I found is ABS module is receiving less than 9v or greater than 19v. This explains why my ABS light is on although I was working on diagnosing my a/c issue.

Does anyone have experience addressing this specific code? The code does not appear to have any relation to my a/c issue that I know of, but I also need to address the ABS illuminated dash light. I know this may lead to replacing the ABS module, but before I get to that I want to rule out other potential issues causing this code.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Warm air coming out of the passenger side AC vents is caused by either low on freon which causes the evaporator coil to not evenly cool, or
your DCCV valve to be bad. Start your car on a warm day and run your AC while the engine is cold, if you are still getting warm air out the
passenger side that means you are low on freon.

I had to do that on my T Bird once to discover my AC was low on freon.

Back