03 TBird Engine Noise

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
New to this game and knowing it's a V8, want to know if the rather loud sound when accelerating is normal, or is something else needed to muffle the sound?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

New to this game and knowing it's a V8, want to know if the rather loud sound when accelerating is normal, or is something else needed to muffle the sound?
does the engine accelerate smoothly? It could be a coil plug if the exhaust system seems intact.

Last edited by a moderator:
my 2002 with 17k mile purrs when accelerating not throaty at all.. I have read where exhaust modifications like adding a flowmaster exhaust is not uncommon to give it a more bally sound..

my 2002 with 17k mile purrs when accelerating not throaty at all.. I have read where exhaust modifications like adding a flowmaster exhaust is not uncommon to give it a more bally sound..
thx, I will have exhaust system checked again, and inquire about the modification

thx, will check it all out and, I guess, if decide to replace the coils (have no idea on maintenance history of the car) will probably be good idea to replace plugs, too?
Replace plugs - yes!
Run "loudly" - Coils wont effect.

Back