2004- AC doesn't work.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

What year is your car?

Last edited:
I have had problems with heat/ac system (constant heat). I had replaced heater control valve with no improvement. "Captjim737" MENTIONED THE DIAGNOSTIC TEST, WHICH I RAN, AND FOUND THE FUSE HE LISTED WAS BLOWN. THANK YOU "Captjim737"- SAVED ME MAJOR BUCKS AT THE DEALER AND NOW WORKS CORRECTLY.
which fuse and where is it located ?

which fuse and where is it located ?

Fuse1 10A Fusebox under the hood. Owners manual says it is for a/c compressor, but it must also supply power for other parts of the system. Error codes went away after replacing the fuse, although the error codes did not point to the fuse.

The AC problem has been identified on our 2004. It is a faulty AC blend door motor. That is the hot and cold door motor. Our mechanic has replaced these before on T-Birds and Lincoln LS's but he can't find the part anywhere even the dealer says they can't get the part. Does anyone have a suggestion for finding/locating the blend door motor???

Back