Zaino Polish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm almost sure we have discussed this before but my search came up with 0 references. I would be very interested to learn what experience you have had using Zaino products on your Thunderbird. I want to be ready when mine FINALLY shows up. Also, perhaps you can let us know just what products you used. For clear-coated vehicles I see on their website that they recommend getting: Z-1 Polish Lok, Z-2 Show Car Polish, Z-5 for Swirls, Z-6 Gloss Enhancer spray and Z-7 Car Wash. Did you use (or buy) all of these? Did you use the new ZFX accelerator? Did you use their ClayBar? What about their other products, are they better than 303 or some other protector? Lots of questions because I want to treat my Thunderbird right. Any other information or comments are certainly welcome.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

After e-mailing Zanio asking what would be the best setup for our new birds, they recomended that ZFX instead of Z-1. i ordered a bunch of stuff and will pass on how well it goes on and looks in the future. i just sent my order in this last week. John

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
In my Garage as of 1/25 #6333 LIC: BLU TB

I just received my order of Z-1, Z-2,Z-6,Z-7, Z-9, Z-10, Z-14, Z-16, ZFX and cotton applicators($136.50 w/S&H in case anyone is counting). As soon as I'm feeling better ( I just had throat surgery)I plan to get out there and see if Zaino will be as awesome as everyone says. I will post my results also!
cool.gif

------------------
Blue/Blue Premium
Full Interior Accent
Production #3944 VIN#3847
" Gotta Love It "

I ORDERED THE SHOW CAR WASH AND (BLUE) AND SHOW CAR POLISH (PINK). I'LL POST THE RESULTS PROBABLY IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS. HAPPY MOTORING!! 02TBIRD

I have been using the Zaino line since I took delivery of my Bird in December. I followed their recommended applications: polish lock, Z-2, enhancer, Z-2, again, etc. I have about five or six coats on and the car looks really sharp. Has a real "wet" look and a high reflective quality. I'm very pleased with the ease at which bug removal is accomplished with the Zaino system in place. Be sure to use their car wash. Some car washes will remove the polish.

I've been using the Zaino products for well over a year now, and I won't use anything else! As soon as I got my 'bird home last week I spent the entire first day going through the Zaino system. I first washed the car with Dawn dish liquid to remove any wax, then used the Zaino clay bar to get any rail dust off. I then used Z-1, Z-2, and finished off with Z-5 with Z-6 used in between coats of Z-2 and Z-5. The car looks fantastic! Just took the top off for the first time on Friday evening, but haven't gotten her out yet since it rained all day Saturday.

KB

My turn to ask for help
smile.gif

Just how long does this system take and how often does it have to be reapplied? It this sytem good for "daily" drivers?

Sorry for so many questions, but I do want my truck to look good- this winter has been hard on it.

Thanks everyone
Pooh

------------------

-

Not to sound like a broken record and/or a Zaino basher.

BUT, do realize this system builds up on your paint. It can not be removed. I worry about yellowing, and chipping as it keeps building up.

For these reasons I prefer the Klasse system.

NuttyGambler, does Klasse have a web site? I was going to order the Zaino products, but I don't want build up eather.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

I emailed this question to Zaino, got a reply in 15 minutes.

There are many commercial body shop products that are specifically designed to remove polish/wax to prep a surface prior to
painting.

Isopropyl Alcohol will also remove Zaino....
smile.gif

Also Mequiars body scub or any abrasive cleaner wax will also
remove Zaino....
--

Thank You,
Sal Zaino
(732)833-8800

-

OK, For those of you who really want to learn about auto detailing…

Here are some forums if you want to learn all you can about keeping your special baby. NOTE: The two systems give a little different result. Zaino is more of a wet look, where Klasse (with or without Blitz) is more of deep shine look (depth). Also the color of your car makes a difference. Darker colors seem too look better with Klasse and white & especially silver is better with Zaino. My yellow has more depth with the Klasse which is cool on the pastel colored paint.

AUTOPIA FORUM http://autopia-carport.com/ForumIndex.htm

Do a search on Klasse and you will get many. I found a resent post titled.
The psychology of Zaino? http://www.autopia-carport.com/forum/showthread.php3?s=b e86871853979cd82e61b3431600ec36&threadid=7318&highlight=Klasse
Interesting.

Here is one guys report. http://www.autopia-carport.com/forum/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=7075

I could keep posting links but you can figure out the search feature. Read and you will learn.

Also worth learning about quick detailers as well.

I like these guys. http://www.properautocare.com/

Check out 303 as well if you want a non silicon protectant for vinyl and many other uses.

-

Thanks to everyone

Before this past year, I have always leased so keeping up the finish on my truck has never been that big of a deal. Now that I have "bought" this new beast- I want to keep it looking as good as it can
smile.gif

The truck is deep wedgewood blue- which system would you suggest?

Thanks Again
Pooh

------------------
His- F 150 SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Hers- F 150 SuperCrew Lariat 4x4 Off Road
Sure can't let him have the better one :)

NuttyGambler, Thanks I'll take a long look at these before I decide what to use.
confused.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

Pooh:

Yes both systems work for daily drivers, and last very well.

I do the Klasse AIO & SG system twice a year. You can add more then one coat of the SG if you want, adds depth more than anything, two is a nice number. Start with a good Dawn (the original green stuff - with no aloe) I like getting my cars good and clean and starting over.

Dawn
1 coat All In One
2 coats of S. Glaze
If you want to show the car a coat of blitz on top of that really does the trick.

The Zaino system they seem to just keep adding layer on layer.

Both systems have their following. The Klasse system is German and so doesn't have the support that Zaino does. I don't really care what people use. Just want to let people know there are other options.

Both systems would bring out the blue. We have the True Blue that is on the 2002s on our Escape and with Klasse looks real DEEP!

Got this back for Sal Zaino:

Joe O'Donnell wrote:

> Thanks for the promt reply, I will let other know also, there have be some concerns expressed about build up.

Sal replied:

There is no negative or bad buildup with Zaino... Remember Zaino is not a wax based product and is not subject to yellowing or
discoloring...

You never, ever have to strip Zaino and start over again...

Z-1 or the new ZFX accelerator is to be applied twice a year on an everyday car and once a year on a show car. Also, please reapply Z-1 or ZFX after every ten coats of Zaino polish(Z-2 or Z-5 or both). Z-1 or ZFX will never remove Zaino. It will tighten up and strengthen the polish system and increase the gloss.

Yeah, I know I know.

But ask a body shop about putting extra clearcoat on your car so you can polish it off. In effect that is what you are doing.

Many people have great results with it. Just not the system for me.

biggrin.gif
Well, NuttyGambler, I just sent in my order for the Klasse Polish. I got the Klasse All-in One and the Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze. Believe me, I'll let you know how they work out after I get them.. Think I'll need a case of "Coors Original" to do this job!!! Wish me luck.
If this works well, I will use it on my 69 Monaco Orange Vette.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

-

OK, I'm wishing you luck!

I really did not want to take responsibility for everyone's cars. Zaino IS a very good system... IF you are going to use the Klasse system, do read some of the hints about using Final Inspect as the quick detailer and/or having a wet Microfiber towel for removing the SG.

I simply wet the MF with some FI and have never had a problem just wiping the stuff off to a deap mirror glaze.

I really do like the Klasse system, I just want to be on the record as a nonZaino basher.
smile.gif

If anyone want to investigate Microfiber towels, www.neatitems.com has some real good ones for a good price. These towels are so good be extra careful never to drop them because they pick up everything. I again refer you back to the detailing website for more info then you could ever handle.

One final word. Use tiny amounts of SG! (nickle sized amounts at a time) That is all you need and let it set an hour before removal.

Again hope you like it. I ordered the 32 oz size the first time, and now I know better. This stuff really goes a long ways, the kits are great for beginners.

------------------
tbird.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back