1. Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here.

Dismiss Notice

XK Jaguar wheels

Discussion in '2002 - 2005 Ford Thunderbird' started by mad dog, May 7, 2017.

1. Will the 2007-2015 Jaguar XK wheels fit on my one owner black Deluxe car? Any issues with offset, to rubbing? It is my understanding that te4h bolt pattern is the same. Please advise me of any potential problems or issues. Also, is anyone still offering a suspension upgrade for these cars? Brakes too?

Thanks so much!

Mad Dog is Seattle.

2. Jaguar XK wheels have same 5x108 lug pattern but offset seems different. Retros have the same 60 offset as Jaguar S-Type. XK seems to have 45-49 offset.

Here's Jaguar S-Type R "Zeus" wheels on my 2004. They are 18x8.0 front and 18x9.5 rear.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    booty_malone likes this.
  4. So................, I noticed that you got your wheels from a firm that specializes in wheel fitment. Do you think they could advise me of the fitment of the XK or XKR wheel? I have had this car since new, it is 100% original. But, time for some new wheels.

Suspension upgrade too. Not sure if anyone is still making a spring or shock upgare of brakes? Your thoughts?

Best regards,

MD in Seattle

5. Got the Jag STR Zeus wheels from Midwest Wheel & Tire so you might give them a call.

My car got a complete new suspension. Eibach Springs, Lincoln LS Sport shocks, Jag STR sway bars, slotted and drilled brake rotors, EBC Red Stuff ceramic brake pads, braided stainless steel brake lines, new suspension bushings, corner balance and a performance alignment on a Hunter Optical alignment table.

ETA The rear fenders are flared and spacered with carbon fiber panels.

ETA2 Eibach springs are no longer available but H&R Springs makes some that fit. Motorcraft Lincoln LS Sport shock absorbers are rare and difficult to find now. You have to look for FoMoCo second and third tier providers for the parts - remember they are Lincoln LS Sport (or European) spec shock absorbers. Good luck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  6. Good morning Sierr977!
    Thanks for all the info. I will contact Midwest Wheel and tire. You have done an excellent build-up on your car, and it shows it well. I like the idea of getting the car to handle better. Not bad as is, but could use cornering improvements.
    I like original, as I have a restored 1957 Corvette too.
    Did you replace the bushings with stock rubber or upgrade? It is obvious you have a passion for these Birds, and your research shows that. I don't want to become bothersome, but I too, like to do them "right". You efforts to flair the rear is EXCELLENT!!

Mad Dog in Seattle

7. Mad Dog, Suspension bushings used are standard factory rubber bushings just new ones. Have used Delrin bushings on other cars and they are LOUD. Nothing wrong with that just used rubber this time. Can make Delrin bushings myself on a lathe but they are also available from some performance parts houses in England. Look for Jaguar S-Type bushings at places like Andy's Auto Sport, Paramount Performance and PPCGB.

8. Screen shot capture from a video of last Saturday's Dallas Cars & Coffee

[​IMG]

Help us by sharing/liking this page below and G+1!

Shop Amazon.comPlease shop Amazon.com using this link to support the forum!