Wrapping (not, "rapping") my '04 Tbird.

Aznav

Aznav

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I am in the process of attempting to wrap my side mirrors and my scoop in black graphite. There is no easy way to do and many YouTubers say it is nothing but trial and error to learn to do it. They are correct! I strongly suspect if and when I get better at this I will remove the wrap and start again. That's one great thing about it. If I don't like the look, off it comes. Stay tuned for pics probably next month.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Good luck.. I would love to see photos Are you making the graphics yourself i.e. design and printing the graphics?

Good luck.. I would love to see photos Are you making the graphics yourself i.e. design and printing the graphics?
Thanks and, good golly, no. LOL! I am just doing mirrors, scoop and license in back. However, I may try to use the wrap on the lower panel. If I don't like it or it is just too much I can just pull it off. Man, as already said, it takes a lot of practice to put that one without creases and bubbles. YT makes it look easy but most are pros. Learning process is most def front ended.

I also ordered a fiberglas tonneau. When I got the Bird, the tonneau was wrapped in the compartment of the trunk (boot?). I.e. almost two decades of "curl" and it has been a devil to get it out. I love the hard tonneau look though I will have to paint or even try wrapping it. Stay tuned...

would like to see your results and keep us informed of what you learned about putting the wrap on

I'll do that Bill, but I can tell you that you need to look at...over and over, YouTube videos on it. It really is trial and error...lots of errors. You may get much more quickly than me as I am slow to learn...

When it works, I find the results excellent. In fact, going to try a little more today.

So far... (you can see some blemishes and as I said, will redo these when I get better. Going to try lower panel to see how it looks.

Attachments

• IMG_0168.jpeg
    IMG_0168.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0167.jpeg
    IMG_0167.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0171.jpeg
    IMG_0171.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 3
I like the license holder in the rear and mirror treatment

Working with that stuff is not trivial if there are no pre-cut kits for the job.

When I had invisible bra put on the front of my 63 Corvette (no pre-cut kits) I used the installer that does the same work on Lambos and Ferarris around here for the dealers. He said he'd charge about double to do another early Corvette..

Wow, did not know that. Seriously, as I look at YouTube video's, rarely do I see the the ridges and valleys on the bottom panels or the tight wraps around the license as well as fog lights. But I do like the results...mostly.

Yes, going to put a media file together...if I ever learn how. Stay tune...
"James" I uploaded it to the media section and I think you have to go to the menu to find it. Think it's on the second or third page. Brother, I am done with upgrades...and wrapping.

Back